cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget for PR in project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have created a project with WBS, activity. I have released the project. The budgeting is done and released. But when I create a PR from project for material components, the PR is getting created and the error is not displaying. But if I check the PR the error is coming there. I do not want the PR itself to be created if budget exceeds. Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you checked the tolerance limits?

In standard system PR will not be generated.

Regards,

Harsh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

I have checked the tolerance limit. Have maintained tr grp as ++ and availability control as 3. The Usage is 100%

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ok.

I guess you are creating PR for more than 100% budget. Please check in cj32 for availability control analysis. You can find there if the PR value is making contribution to assigned value or not.

Also, Check for cost element is created for the g/l you are using in material component.

Regards,

Harsh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You had mentioned that it allowed to create the PR but giving error when you are trying to check this. When did you create the PR and when are you checking it ?  Does it mean, is there any other posting that has happened after you created the PR  and is there any change in the costs associated with the materials you had assigned to the PR ? This needs to be checked.

To check the tolerance limits, you have to use the following path :

SPRO --> Project System --> Costs --> Budget --> Define Tolerance limits

Also, in the above path, ensure the Tr. group is ++

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I create a project a PR is getting generated. Then if I go and check the PR then its giving the budget exceeded error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you can provide some screenshots then please provide for project structure with PR number generated. And the same PR with budget error.

What steps are you following?

Create project.

attach material component.

assign budget

release activity

save project (PR number will come after saving project)

Normally, system will give error while saving the project in case budget is exceeded and no PR is generated.

Try with a new project.

Regards,

Harsh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please share the error message (message no.) / if possible the screen shot for the error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The steps are -

Copy project from an existing project(which is used as template).

The project will have BOM header material(which will be exploded later)

Assign budget

Release the activity.

Now when I explode BOM the PR gets generated but the error does not show. But I process the PR then the error gives as expected. But I want this error to show in project builder itself so that creation of PR can be stopped.

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adithya,

In projects, BOM transfer is more suitable than BOM exploding. SAP recommends using BOM transfer, rather than BOM explode.

Have you generated any other commitment after PR generation?

Regards,

Amaresh Makal 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amaresh,

The business requires to explode BOM in project so we are not using BOM transfer. No I have not created any commitment after PR generation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have simulated your steps. I am getting error when I try to save project after exploding BOM.

Is the assigned value getting generated after  bom explosion and pr generation but before you process pr.

Check avac control analysis and paste a screenshot if possible.

Regards,

Harsh.

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adithya,

Can you try to simulate your scenario with BOM transfer and see, if you still get the same error?

I encourage you to try this  and let us know your results.

Regards,

Amaresh Makal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.