cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGI problem - looks weird

Former Member
0 Kudos

Last time when it gave same problem I used MMPV to make it current year/mm. It worked for feb. But I tried to do same thing for march, it is not accepting. Error is

Period entered(month/year): 02 2007

Invalid period for company code 1000; no conversion here.

What could be the problem? Do I need to do anything else?

Fully rewarded.

Thanks,

Manohar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manohar,

In MMPV, use the check period to see which is your current period.

In order to open the next period, use the close period option and enter the Period as current period + 1.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I am trying to close period 02/2007, it is saying

"Invalid period for company code 1000; no conversion here"

it worked last month. I donot know what could have changed since.

Any help pl.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manohar,

Can you check OMSY code for your company code and tell what is the current period you see there?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

2007 2 2007 1 2006 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manohar,

As per the settings, you should run the MMPV for the below,

Company code:1000

Period: 03

Fiscal year: 2007

And try to do PGI. If still problem persists, let us know the error u get during PGI.

Regards,

Please award points if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I do that it is not changing posting period. It is giving a message

"Invalid posting period for company code 1000; no conversion here." and date is not changing.

It supposed to change it but I donot know why. It looks weird to me. I did the same thing last month and it worked. That time date changed. Now it is not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried now but no luck, PGI is giving an error

"Posting only possible in periods 2007/02 and 2007/01 in company code 1000"

Any help pl.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manohar,

I believe it is a problem with the fiscal year variant that is assigned to the company code 1000.

Please take help from your FI consultant to ensure that the fiscal year variant settings are correct.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked the fiscal year variant. It is not having any problem because I used same thing last month, worked okay. Only problem is I couldnot change posting periods using MMPV. Is it ABAP program problem or something else?

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manohar

Pl do this:

1) In MMPV, instead of giving period, give the current date in date field. Execute.

if you have a problem, give last month's date (01-02-2007) and execute.

2) If you get error in the above, I strongly suggest you to check the fiscal year variant for your company code (Is it Jan-Dec or Apr-Mar ?)

Best regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramki,

I tried your No 1. no luck.

I checked Fiscal year variant it is "Calender year, 4 spec. periods, checked for calender year, no of posting =12, no of special periods =4"

It worked for last month, nothing is changed since day b4 yesterday. Today it is taking as march hence problem. Last month also I used MMPV to change date for same FI variant.

Is it something related to ABAP program not working for updating periods in MMPV trans?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manohar,

as per your info, period entered is 02 ie feb which you said has already worked the last time. Means it is march now, so period entered should be 03. As well check if the posting intervals are also open in OB52.

Hope it helps. Please reward if useful.

Thanks & Regards

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try transaction OB52.

Jon

Former Member
0 Kudos

What should I change in OB52?

From Per1 Year To Period Year From Per2 Year To Period Year

1 2006 12 2007 13 2001 16 2007

For my company code.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please try now. The entry in OB52 looks ok

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

I changed posting period using MMPV to 02/2007 last month, it worked. I am trying to do same thing it is not taking. This is march so I should change control record to 03/2007 to do PGI.

Any more infor pl.