Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM Scenario

former_member303666
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Need your valuable inputs for making the BPM scenario as a success.

Here message flow is SAP (RFC) ..> PI ..> WS(SOAP)

SAP sending a code value to WS system via PI.

based in the value, WS system send (response) 300 mb to SAP system.

work around.

based on the above requirement, we have cearted a scenario . sap sending the data to WS system successfully. while getting the response from WS system. we are getting time out error.  ConnectException: Connection timed out .

based on the above error. we have/had increased the module configuration parameters as a 3000000 in receiver communication as well as ADMIN & service levels(ICM).

we are not able to getting the 300mb response from WS system.

there is no use.

is there any other ways to achieve the above scenario. with our timeout error.

we are checking with BPM scenario.

need help for creating the BPM scenario.

created objects:
Design part:

imported external defination & SAP object from SAP system(BAPI structure).

created following objects.

if wrong, your experities is essentials for creating Design steps. IP graphical representation flow is required.

Thanks in adv,

Kesava

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

smavachee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There could be multiple reasons to getting this kind of error. Seems more of connectivity issue.

Track the pipeline steps, where u will find detailed picture.  Connect with web-service team and make sure that all required ports are open for communication along with correct fire wall settings at both ends.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Sunil

former_member303666
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi sunil,

more of connectivity issue

Exactly, earlier we had some connectivity issue was there. we checked with admin team.

after that the issue hasbeen resolved.

checked with Web server team, required ports are opend. ther is no interruption between PI & WS system.

still we are facing time issue.

This error because of huse data...

Thanks,

Kesava.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member192238
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

If you are increasing more time out value as it will effect the performance of the system also you need to consdider that and check with WS system if after how long they are sending the response after receiving the request or it is due to huge data .

Regards

Praveen

former_member303666
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

yes praveen... system performance will goe's down. we are very much passion to getting response from WS system.

how long they are sending the response after receiving the request or it is due to huge data .

they told us. rsponse time 1 hous

based on their words i have set same in our side(3000000). on use.

Thanks,

Kesava.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kesava,

i a synchronous sceanrio you have to extend the timeout for each involved application -> ERP system, PI IE, PI RFC adapter, PI SOAP adapter, Web Service of receiver system.

How to Investigate Timeouts In Synchronous XI PI Scenarios

Your error msg is not very detailed. And it might be constructive to post where exactly you picked it.

From your description i dont see to use BPM at all. It would be helpful if you could give a reason why you use BPM.

A screenshot from navigation frame is not enough to value the bpm design. Do you have any kind of error message in the bpm design (press F7)?

From you screenshot i can see that you are going to use a response mapping. 300 MB is quite a lot for a mapping. I have some doubts if this can work. It will be dependend from system configuration, server, complexity of mapping.

/Udo

former_member303666
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

Your error msg is not very detailed. And it might be constructive to post where exactly you picked it.

i have picked the error message in MONI.

Error

com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out

From your description i dont see to use BPM at all. It would be helpful if you could give a reason why you use BPM.

i have tried with incease the time in differnt levels. i.e communication channel, icm and NWA level.

in the above i have increase more then 1 hour.. there is no use to getting 300mb data from WS system.

i have checked the above link. based on theat i have had increased the time. no use.

i am making a trail with BPM.

lot date have pick from receiver system. in this process BPM also will give the performance issue i think.

please give me suitable workaround. which one is good for getting  lot data from WS system.

Thanks,

Kesava

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kesava,

Which pipeline step did you pick it from?

Do you have any error message in Communication Channel monitoring (RTW)?

Did you try to execute the request from soap ui or xml spy?

For a  workaround requirements are needed. Which kind of data do you pick? Is a synchronous flow required? Best would be

- to send the data in smaller peaces

- send them asynchronous and not as synchronous response

- avoid mapping

- use proxy instead of RFC

/Udo

former_member303666
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

Which pipeline step did you pick it from?

in moni messages : get it from response Messages.

Do you have any error message in Communication Channel monitoring (RTW)?

In CC also same error

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out

SOAP UI.

used soap UI tool ... i am getting the response message from WS system.

Is a synchronous flow required.

yes ... synchronous flow is required.

earlier we suggested Proxy is the best for sending are geting huge quantity of day. they have not.

to send the data in smaller peaces.

have any document.. please share us.

we are sending less quandity of data. getting information is huse.

Thanks,

Kesava

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kesava,

so, it looks for me the PI soap adapater is timing out. You wrote above:

we have/had increased the module configuration parameters as a 3000000

That should be 50 min. After which time do you realize the time out?

If this is not like 50 min, can you provide a screen shot from you module configuration?

/Udo

former_member303666
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

earlier we mentioned 5 min 10 min.

based on the receiver payload. we had increased in in the below.

receiver cc module configuration.

Regards,

Kesava.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kesava,

ok, 50 min configured, but timeout after 5 min (default value). Looks like the module doesnt work.The screenshot looks good. Any stupid configuration faults? Spaces in the Parameter or something like that? Is the Module Key actually "soap"? Did you activate the change list? Did you use and monitor the same channel as you configured? (Please forgive those questions, he, he)

If you are sure the module is not working you should open a OSS call.

/Udo

former_member303666
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

As per you... i have checked design & configuration. i have not find any thing special.

Thank Q so much for your expertise. have 2 look into this in much details.

as per sunil's reply... i will again check with web server team & network.

i am colsing this threat now.

Thanks for your support,

Kesava