Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI Intergration with PI

geetanshi_kakkar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

As i am new to PI integration and as per my client's requirement they have EDI interface for Communication to SAP PI 7.31

I have gone through this forum and found that we can use SFTP adapter for EDI communication as we can use with no extra licencing cost.

Please let me know whether SEEBURGER or SFTP adapter will be suitable for EDI communication.

And if SFTP then how to configure SFTP adapter in case of EDI format.

Appriciate your response on this.

Thanks

Geetanshi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>And if SFTP then how to configure SFTP adapter in case of EDI format.

SFTP adapter is only used for protocol connectivity

if you want to map EDI message to XML EDI (or the other way round)

so it can be used in the mappings easily you need to have B2B add on or Seeburger

SFTP adapter itself will not do the trick

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

geetanshi_kakkar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your replies.

Just one thing i would like to know is if i recommed SAP B2B add-on to the client then which adapters it will support for converion EDI messages?

Moreover just had an information that PI will receive  Swift MT103 format from Banking partners so in that case whether SAP B2B add-on will support that ?

Please suggest.

Thanks

Geetanshi

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

B2B Add-On contains a set of adapter modules allowing to convert native EDI messages into EDI XML messages and the other way around.

Refer these links

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/index?rid=/webcontent/uuid/f0c0d023-a296-2b10-1ea0-bb15d4498035

http://scn.sap.com/community/b2b-integration/blog/2012/02/03/the-new-b2b-add-on-for-sap-netweaver-pr...

Hope it will helpful...

Regards

Bhargava krishna

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Geetanshi,

From the above comments you can understand that your client needs to pay for Licensing cost of SAP B2B Addon or Seeburger. SFTP adapter can not achieve EDI Flat file to EDI XML conversions.

If your client is open for any one of them, you can always go for SAP B2B Addon as per my suggestion.

smavachee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Though another alternative can be... utilize tools like Harbinger, or Gentran, Pathfinder, an EDI Sub Systems to transmit the EDI data instead of full fledged Seeberger or Conversion Agent if you have serious cost constraints.

Still as Michal said...B2B-AddOn or Seeburger are always preferable solutions.

Regards,

Sunil M