cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avaialble fields in Product Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello -

I was exploring to address few requirements, one is to allow maintenance in GTS product master and the other one is to map few fields from feeder system to GTS. Please clarify the following questions,

How to configure a free field to maintain in the product master in GTS? I checked the general basic data TAB but could not find any specific field that can be configured to have certain values and allow maintenance only in GTS.

what is the limit (no. of characters) to send the data from material master in feeder system (ECC) to GTS? if the corresponding field is not available in GTS then how to configure one?

Thanks

ll

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Dhanesh_Mohan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Lucy, Dave,

I am working on a similar POC and I configured the additional attributes as well as the required BADI configuration in the feeder system, However, I am not able to find the 'Additional Characteristics' tab in the GTS product master. It is bit strange, coz in the selection screen for the Manage Products , we can see the 'Additional Data' section and I can see the values I configured for the input help, but once the actual product master details are displayed, the 'Additional Characteristics' tab is missing. Appreciate if you have any clue for this ??

Thanks,

Dhan

0 Kudos

Hi New to using SAP S4/hana are there any documents or links that i can use to understand field meanings? F1 help key doesnt work in the cloud version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Lucy,

Dave is right.. Once you activate the Product attributes you will find Additional data tab added to you product master.

And all those fields will appear in all search criterias for the Product master.

Regards

Dhilipan

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lucy,

You can add "Product Attributes" - up to 30 of them, with field lengths between 1 and 40 characters.  Those data are recorded in table /SAPSLL/PRGEN.

See the configuration under "Customs Products".  It's very simple, and there's help in the IMG, so I'm sure you can work it out without further explanation (but, of course, come back if you get stuck).

Regards,

Dave