cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old transaction type SLFN in CRM WebUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have found a document on http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SAPITSM/Configuration+and+Administration+of+ITSM -> Configuration Hints -> ITSM Configuration Best Practices -> Overview Part 2 that says on page 49 that it is possible to have the old transaction types visible in My Inbox during a transition phase. I can see the old messages in the inbox, but the document also says that users will be directed to Web Dynpro or SAPGui.

I have added all possible channels to the transaction type, but neither WebDynpro nor SAPGui are available to me in the drop down and none of the other work. When I click on the message number nothing happens, no error message, no new screen, nothing.

I understand that a workaround is to just use SAPGui directly to display the messages, but since it seems to be possible to start everything from CRM UI I'd like to use this feature.

I was wondering if anyone has done this successfully during their transition phase?

Thank you in advance for any help

Regards,

Manon Ruehmer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have found the solution for my problem and in case anyone has the same problem, this is how I could make it work in my system:

1. There was an authorisation object missing:
     C_LL_TGT
     Link Parameter: SM-IM-KU-WORKCENTER

Logical Link Type: C
     => This fixed the problem that nothing was happening when clicking on an old incident, but there was an error in the URL that was generated which led me to 2.

2. Go to SPRO -> CRM -> UI Framework -> Technical Role Definition -> Transaction Launcher -> Define URLs and Parameter

Search for SM-IM-KU-WORKCENTER and go to its details.
     Make sure the "Determine Host/Port" is ticked and contains a valid mapped logical system. In may case I had to create a mapped logical system and assign it.

Finally I changed the called service to ags_incident_trans (without key at end), because I wanted to be able to change incidents.

I hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Manon

GutenMorgen
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Manon,

Thank you for you documentation.

I got 3 more questions:

1) Is it possible to open the SAP GUI directly when I click on an old SLFN-Ticket not via Expert Mode, download, open, a.s.o - since customer fields are missing in the workcenter mode and furthermore people are used to the SAP GUI and do not want to introduce a third UI !?

2) Can we make old tickets in the regular incident search available? - BADIs ?

3) How can we restrict the amount of tickets shown in "My Inbox" ? - BADIs ?

best regards

gernot

Answers (0)