cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LMDB Product Instance Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Currently performing Managed System Configuration Step on Solution Manager 7.1 upgrade and when  trying to set up MOPZ to create a transaction for ECC Dev system, I am getting a yellow flagged error in System Landscape Product System - this is the error:

Some software component versions are not covered by product instances

Cause

Some software component versions that are marked as Installed on the technical system are not covered by the product instances that are currently assigned to the product system. For each installed software component version, at least one fitting product instance has been found in the SAP software catalog which would cover the installed software component version.

Uncovered software component versions cannot be handled by Maintenance Optimizer. Manually activities may be required during and after the update process.

What to do

1. Assign the required product instances; choose from the proposals.
  2. Repeat the verification.

The following installed software components are currently not covered by product instances:

• SAP APPL 6.04
  • EA-APPL 604
  • SAP_BS_FOUNDATION 701
  • FI-CA 604
  • IS-UT 604
  • SAP BASIS 7.01
  • SAP ABA 7.01
  • SAP BW 7.01
  • PI_BASIS 7.01
  • SAP WEB UIF 7.0

When attempting to add the installed software components above in Technical System - select Add - Select the Extended System - I try to Select by: Free Text and search for any of the above installed software components I do not find any of them.  I suspect this is a product error as these are not really software components for just the ABAP system but software components that are available on all SAP systems.

Has anyone ran into this error before? Any workarounds? Documentation that demonstrates how to set this up?  I have did a search on the error and searched for detailed documentation but so far came up with little help.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Ron Richard

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ron,

Go to the software node for the ABAP technical System of your product system. Go to the second tab that says: Product Instances(details)

Add a product instance

Solman 7.0 EHP 1 ABAP Stack.

Select the row on the top table, in the lower table you will find

SAP BASIS 7.01

SAP ABA 7.01

SAP BW 7.01

PI_BASIS 7.01

select the installed checkbox.

Now add product instance Solman 7.1 Abap stack

select the row in the top table, in the bottom table you will find

SAP WEB UIF 7.0

add ABAP Technology for ERP EHP

to install SAP_BS_FOUNDATION 701

Add SAP Netweaver Gateway 2.0 : Gateway Server core NW 702

in the lower table you can install

SAP WEB UIF 7.01

And likewise.

This will resolve your issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mayank,

Your solution has helped to fix my error too.

Thanks a ton.

Regds,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mani!

Wrote this long back

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mayank,

i'm having issue in LMDB that,unable to see the product version which should come automatically  for SCM- system.

Use transaction : lmdb-> Technical system tab-> Type (application server ABAP) & Extended System ID (SID) -> Display

Unable to see the product version it should come automatically as well as try click on edit product system assignment there I’m getting No local proposals; search remotely in SAP SMP (time-consuming).

Pls find the attachment for more information.

Let me if you need any further information.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Jagadesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please open a new thread.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You may readily identify the product instances to assign following SAP KBA 1813549 .

The attachments of that note have the product instances of EHP4 for SAP ERP 6.0 and the software components comprised.

From plain sight I'd say you need to assign EHP4 for SAP ERP 6.0/NW 7.01 , product instance Central Applications. A little more extended search leads me to suggest assigning product instance Utilities/Waste&Recycl./Telco of EHP4 for SAP ERP 6.0 / NW 7.01.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laszlo,

Thanks for the SAP Note. I did see my resolution there under the heading:

WARNING or INFO: Some software component versions are not covered by product instances.

It suggests one solution: The SAP software catalog is not correct. Create a ticket on BC-UPG-MIP.

However, my SAP CR Content is from 2012 (CRDELTA 81612 (SP12)) and they have a new CR Delta for 2013 that I'm going to download and apply to see if that erases the error.

thanks.

Ron

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ron,

As suggested by Miguel  below, please try to add EHP4 for SAP ERP 6.0 (and SAP ERP 6.0) product instances in LMDB. When you search for that you will see there are many product instances to choose. Choose the corresponding one(according to Miguel it should be Utilities/Waste&Recycl./Telco) and try MOPZ again.

Laszlo 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ron,

have you done a verification check on the product system? The verification tool should suggest the missing components and you can add them quite simple from there. Just go to TX LMDB, tab product system, choose your product system, go to edit mode and go to the verification.

I usually use the "Select by Product Version" option and it has worked quite well for me in the past. But it does depend on the SPS level of your Solution Manager, because there were quite a few changes in LMDB within the first 5 support packs. On what Solution Manager SPS are you?

After you upgraded your Solution Manager did you migrate the old data into LMDB via the SolMan Setup or did you recreate the product systems via an SLD sync? It might also be an option for you to simply delete the old systems and let them be recreated by the data in the SLD.

If you need MOPZ to calculate your Support Packs/EHP for your ECC systems, than I would definitely advise to fix the LMDB problems first.

You might want to have a look at this page: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-29495

Especially the white paper and the Maintenance Planning Guide as they explain the wording in LMDB quite good.

Regards,

Manon Ruehmer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manon,

Thanks for the reply and the feedback.  Currently on Solution Manager 7.1 SP5 and I did use  the SOLMAN_SETUP option to migrate SMSY to LMDB.  Given the amount of notes I keep seeing related to LMDB it appears to have a few bugs.  Thanks for the links, I will check them out.  Given that most of the products referenced by the error message (which are just parts of SAP installs and not just ECC 6.0 products), I  think Note 171112 might really be the resolution to this issue.

Thanks.

Ron