cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact of changing Route Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anybody tell me what is the effect of changing a Route in the delivery document (we maintain the route manually).

Are there any changes in the dates like Material Delivery Date or any other dates that have been already proposed by system?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor

Dear

If you enter route in sale order then it has impact on dates but if you are entering route directly in delivery then dates are already determined and it has no impact on date but it can influence your delivery cost based on your shipment configuration. Can you please elaborate some more to better understand your process.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Moazzam for reply,

The material delivery date is in april, for some reason, the

GI was not done, till now the route was not maintained in the order

(Scheduling aggrement) or delivery.

Now if i maintain the route in order can you tell me how and what dates

are changed?

if i maintain the route directly in the delivery, then there is no impact on the

dates. right?

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

If you enter route in sale order then it has impact on dates but if you are entering route directly in delivery then dates are already determined.

Mai I know ,what dates will be impacted If we enter Route in Sales Order ?

Thanks,

Naren

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

If you change or enter route in sale order then Material delivery date will be changed based on your confguration. If you have entered transit time in your route then this will effect the calculation of Transportaion lead time and delivery date. You can test this is your development or quality server by changing or entering route in which transit time is maintained.

Yes, if you maintain route directly in delivery then there will be no impact over delivery date. It will only effect shipment cost calculation if you have configured it.

Thank$

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Mozzam,

If you change route in delivery It may impact delivery date based on system setting.

Please check setting available at delivery document type amd Item level.

Regards

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravindra,

Did you get a chance to check your configuration as per my last reply?

Route change may impact delivery date in delivery doc.

Let me know in case u have any query.

Regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

Route influence delivery date.

In sales order:

If you are maintaining scheduling data in Route this will be consider in ATP date determination.   Please check below link for details of ATP check in sales order:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/93/744bbe546011d1a7020000e829fd11/content.htm

In Delivery:

• It all depends upon business requirement and setting, In some business scenario we do availability check for delivery item. If this switch is on for your delivery item then route redetermination may impact delivery date in delivery document. SAP gives setting to do ATP redetermination in delivery document.

• In SPRO Delivery document type level check Rescheduling field setting.Check setting made in SPRO,  Basic Function, availability check against planning , Determine Procedure For Each Delivery Item Category.

Shipment & Shipment Cost Document:

• Again another impact of route change is on Transportation process, if you are selecting delivery based on route in shipment then it will impact shipment, shipment cost calculation. If Itenary will change it may impact cost allocation.

• If you are maintaining distance at route level to use it for shipment cost, then again it may influence shipment cost. All based on your setting

I will suggest you to change route in your delivery document without saving delivery and see if it change delivery date.

Hope this will help you

Regards

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

As already highlighted by Moazzam, you have to check the impact on your shipment cost. As far as I know the best person to advise on impact is your quality system. Try doing changes in quality system with same and also for different scenarios so that you can easily identify if it has any implications. without knowing your complete scenarios and configuration, we can only give you some tips that's why I am suggesting quality system.

Please let us know if you need more details.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

also check if you have any user-exits (request abaper to help) ...say, for example, if you change a route, some conditions might apply in invoicing...