Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTM - Perform Single Level selection

former_member906762
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I have a simple PDS where Finished product A has 2 components B,C . Now the setting i have maintained in the master data selection is Perform only single level selection and have also selected exclude PDS.

Q1) Now what happens when CTM is run , will the BOM get exploded and do we get a Depdem on B,C from A    OR since we excluded PDS the explosion does not take place .

Q2)  What is the purpose of the check box Perform Single level selection .

Regards,

Nick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

Q1) Now what happens when CTM is run , will the BOM get exploded and do we get a Depdem on B,C from A    OR since we excluded PDS the explosion does not take place.

MK> Since there is no source-of-supply, there is no explosion and no dependent demand.

Q2)  What is the purpose of the check box Perform Single level selection .

MK> "Perform Single Level Selection" is used in conjunction with "Select Dependent Data Automatically".  If you made this setting and selected product A, then B and C would also be selected automatically.  It includes the components one BOM level down from the product you selected.

Best Regards,

Mike

former_member906762
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mike ,

Thanks for the quick response , in the current design we have Perform single level selection and the dependent data automatically is not checked . What does that mean .

Regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

If you have a product structure with BOM like this:

A

|

B

|

C

If you selected or picked A in the "Selection Type for Location-Products" and checked "Select Dependent Data Automatically", you will be loading A, B and C.  I believe that if you don't check "Select Dependent Data Automatically" and check "Perform Only Single Level Selection", then you will load A and B.

In addition, if there is a PPM or PDS making A from B (PPM AB) and you check "Start Also For Specified Supply Sources", then if PPM AB has been selected in the "Selection Type for In-house Production", you would load A, PPM AB, B and C.  You would NOT load PPM BC.

Best Regards,

Mike

Answers (0)