cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to confirm Datafile and log are Auti extend in Content server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Team ,

Any one suggest me how to check and confirm Datafile and log are Auto extend in Content server

DB is Max Db

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You mean that created new data volumes automatically, right?...

Well simply check value of parameter auto_extend

Read,

http://maxdb.sap.com/doc/7_8/cd/dd5cc1ddf94092a81551f14f565bc0/frameset.htm

For logs you just simply need to schedule a backup. no point in autoextend a log volume once an optimun size has been defined

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

In Maxdb we have a concept of Dynamic Adjustment of the Data Area

You can activate the dynamic adjustment of the data area size to ensure that the fill level of a database at any time does not fall below a defined value and not raise beyond another defined value. This way you make sure that the disk space is economically used and that the database cannot run out of capacity.

• Automatic extension of the data area: The system adds new data volumes when the fill level of the data area exceeds a specified limit. This function is activated by default (maximum fill level of 90%).

Procedure

1. 1. Select the database in the explorer tree.
  2. 2. In the context menu of the database, choose Administration.
  1. 3. Open the Overview tab page.
  1. 4. Choose Dynamic Data Area Adjustment.
  1. 5. Select whether you want to activate automatic Data Area Extension only, or both automatic Data Area Extensionand Data Area Shrinkage.
  1. 6. Choose Activate.

After activate it’s status as ON

For Log: You need to activate log backup

If you have activated automatic log backup, the database system backs up the redo log entries automatically.

Thanks,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Both ,

I have received two different answer from both.

It seems last time data file was not extended , i have reached 97% used  then i have manually extended.

Now the below is the status of data-file and log file .

data(80%) log(6%)

I have noticed log file is automatically adjusted (today shows 6% used but it may changing tomorrow)

Could any one confirm how to check datafile and log are automated ?