cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A question on Credit Control Area Derivation...

mangesha
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

A company code is singularly assigned to a Credit Control Area i.e a company code can't be assigned to many Credit Control Area's.

Then there are 4 ways to derive a credit control area :

a)from a Company Code

b) from Sales Area 

c) from Customer Master(Sales Area Data)

d) User Exit EXIT_SAPFV45K_001 : To derive from Sales Order Header Fields.

As per my understanding all the above point to one Credit Control Area only as Sales Area,Customer Master Sales Area Data and Sales Order would dirctly or indirectly belong to on Company Code only which in turn belongs to one Credit Control Area.

Or is it possible to have Credit control Areas which are not assigned to any company code??

Please Clarify.

Regards

Mangesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Without company code, it is not possible to derive credit control area

regards,

santosh    

mangesha
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh

Then what is the utility of having the credit control area derived from from other 3 ways.

If you could throw some light on it.

Regards

Mangesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Mangesh,

If there are several credit control area which allowed in one company code, you have to use other way to determine credit control area.

OB38, it looks like one company code only can be assigned to one CCA (company code and CCA relationship is many to one), because there is not "new entry" buttom,

Actually through below path we can permit several company code to CCA, so actual relationship between company code and CCA is many to many.

Regards

Jian

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

b) from Sales Area 

c) from Customer Master(Sales Area Data)

d) User Exit EXIT_SAPFV45K_001 : To derive from Sales Order Header Fields.

All the above will determine the credit control area if the default credit control area is not assigned to the COMPANY CODE

All the three will just play  secondary role after the company code assignment

Assignment for sales area:-

We will compare the sales order value for that particular customer maintained in FD32

For example, the customer can be maintained in different sales area and order can be place across each sales area, so we have to individually compare the sales order value for each area then determining credit control area , for which sales area is used

In summary, we can monitor the credit Sales area wise

customer master:-

in the customer master, we will get a list of credit control areas permitted for that particular company code

There is a confguration setting for maintaining the permitted credit control area for each company code

Main purpose of maintaining at the customer master is, it will link the sales area and permitted credit control area using customer

User Exit EXIT_SAPFV45K_001:-

This user exit is used if any of the above combinations not determining the credit control area

using this exit with VBKD - Business data, the credit control area will determine

probably you have to check with your developer on how the value is getting determined

let me know more clarification is needed?

regards,

santosh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Sunil76
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mangesh,

Credit management is tightly integrated between SD and FICO modules, when you assign a CCA at Sales Area level you are just overwriting the company code assignment, remember you are not deleting the assignment. Without company code assignment one cannot impact FI AREA.

mangesha
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Nair

Hi

sunil nair wrote:

Hi Mangesh,

Credit management is tightly integrated between SD and FICO modules, when you assign a CCA at Sales Area level you are just overwriting the company code assignment, remember you are not deleting the assignment. Without company code assignment one cannot impact FI AREA.

Could you please explain me how does the comapny code assignment impact FI AREA ??

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

All your FI documents were posted for the Company code only

All your

G/L accounts

Posting keys

Posting periods

Status variants

Currencies

generate PL and Balance reports

Material valuation

depends on company code settings which have significant impact on FI

hope it is clear

regards,

santosh

mangesha
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry I think I mis-phrased the question. I wanted to know what is the impact of  CC assignment to the CCA in the FI.

Regards

Mangesh

rahul_vishwakarma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

See this is not possible. Because Company Code is assigned to Credit Control Area, Since if it is not assigned then the system will not follow the credit process.

Regards,

Kundan