cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatic closure of sales orders

Former Member

Dear all,

I'd want to find a solution for the following scenario:

The need is to close automatically sales orders even if the delivery is not totally shipped / closed.

The business scenario is related to the fact that the customer considers as closed all sales orders lines for which goods has been shipped with a certain tolerance (i.e + or - 10% compared to quantity in sales order line).

Is this scenario managed by the standard with a sort of attribute in the delivery line or the only possible solution is to develop a custom that starting from a new attribute in delivery line ( = no more delivery accepted) will put a dedicated reason for rejection to the respective sales order line?

Best Regards

Many Thanks

Angelo Gaiatto

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rahul_vishwakarma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Angelo,

See this can be possible by following ways :

1. Try to put over and under tolerance in CMIR or in Customer Master.

2. Try to put the reason of rejection for the particular line which you don't want to proceed at line item level or directly put the reason of rejection at header level so that the particular sales order will not proceed further.

3. Put the Partial delivery field in Customer Master, how much partially delivery allowed to that customer.

4. Or Else if you want some Technical way then take the help of Technical Guys with some User exit.

Regards,

Kundan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

its just simple, as kundan said, just maintain underdelivery tolerance in CMR or CMIR.

just maintain some %(as you said 10%). check, once you did delivery with under tollerence limit, it will not allow to create another partial delivery. just check doccument flow in vao2, you will full qty in order and go to vlo2n you can see delivery with less qty.

warm regards,

jagadeesh

mangesha
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try creating a Customer Material Info Record for Customer and Material for underdelivery tolerance and set partial delivery indicator as 'A'. In this way you will not be able to create the delivery which is lower than certain percentage and as soon as the delivery is created the order will be given complete status.

Hope this will be helpful.

mangesha
Explorer
0 Kudos

Alternately you can do the same changes at Customer Master Level Also.

Reagrds

Mangesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer, I will investigate the solution of inforecord you've just proposed to me.

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you dont want to process those sales orders any more, you can update reason for rejection at the line item, which would change the sales order status as complete

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer, but the aim of my question was to find a standard solution in order to obtain the same effect of reason for rejection working directly on the delivery.