cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Target directory '*' does not exist and cannot be created

bekirakturk
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am doing Proxy to File(NFS) scenario in sap pi 7.1 .   directory  needs user/pass when I connect from PI server .  How I can reach to this location in entegration without using user/pword.  Which user in PI need to have authorization??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

bekirakturk
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Issue is solved. PI is reaching the location with user SAPservicePID . this user need to be created in target location with same password.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bekir,

As said by Hareesh above, just try to access the target directory folder and also check with Basis team whether PI user has proper authorization to write data onto target folder.

Thanks&Regards,

Moorthy

somil_gulati
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bekir ,

Just execute the T-Code AL11 , from there navigate to your file location. When you reach your file location , just check on the top the directory full name (It will display on the top) use that directory name in your NFS File adapter .

Also when we use NFS , we do not have to give any credentials.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bekir - Logon to PI system and execute the transaction AL11 to access the NFS directory structure.

However in the channel doesnt need any credentials to access the files on NFS

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you use NFS then you no need to provide any authorization details but you have to provide target directory and file name details.

In your case you have entered * as a directory name hence you are getting error,eneter valid directory and test end to end.

Thank you,

Raj

bekirakturk
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Error message is : " Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Target directory '\\10.5.0.102\mapa\Giden\test' does not exist and cannot be created"

I can reach this directory from PI server by using user/pwd. I want to reach this directory by using file adapter.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the issue is here not missing credentials. I dont understand the problem, the error message sounds very clear:

the directory "test" does not exist. And the user (used by the AF) does not have the authorization to create a directory there. Most easy to solve the issue would be if you just create manually the directory. Or you give corresponding authorization the directory above (777).

/Udo

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this

The directory should be there, when you check by using the T-code: al11 and it should match with the directory name which you have mentioned in communication channel.

In file communication channel

make the data connection active if it is passive and uncheck the anonymous login and give the user name and pwd.

ask your basis team to provide the authorizations.

Hope this will helpful..

Regards

Bhargava krishna