SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dunning amount limit issue in BRFplus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,
I have an issue with Dunnig BRF+.
The dunning was working fine until now for a client and after implementing Dunning BRF+ it is behaving different and throwing many errors.
One error among them is a little irrelevant to what it is showing in the application log.
The proposal run throws the following error - "| No min./max.amount in dunning procedure 01 dunning level 45 currency USD".
However, when I checked the configuration settings Level 45 do not belong to dunning procedure 01, it belongs to another dunning procedure. (Here it is 06)
For every procedure and level, the amount limit and currency is maintained properly in SPRO, but the error is still thrown out when the proposal run is executed. Event 304 is used to accommodate the BRF+ and that also appears to be fine.
I'm really not sure, if this error is a result of BRF+ or is there something else keeping it away from being successfully executed. BRF+ is something new to me and your help in this regard is higly appreciable.
Thanks in Advance.
Regards,
Shilpa

2 REPLIES 2

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Shilpa:

I would question whether the design here is capable of achieving your desired results.  You cannot really combine brf (plus or not) with dunning procedure approach within dunning.  I would expect challenges as you are experiencing since the dunning procedure still wants a linear procession while brf wants to avoid linearity.  For the most part your brf rules would have to follow the same path already decided by the procedure.

Why would this design be used? 

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

For the first part of the question, yes the design is up and running in production and is meeting up all the dunning requirements. I do agree that brf rules have to follow the same path that dunning procedure sets to follow up for the collections and both are in sync. Some conditions did require a change in brf+ to accommodate business requirements setting up new rules to improvise the collections and they are also working as expected. Post EHP6 upgrade, SAP confirmed that brf+ could get along with Dunning procedure and one may not necessarily adpat to Collection procedures in order to use brf+. However, my question is if ECC post upgrade is effecting and creating this issue or is it a result of brf+? In either case, what should be looked into resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Shilpa