Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFTP server connection using seeburger FTP adaptor

mf_haq
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Please confirm anyone on SFTP server connection using seeburger FTP adaptor in SAP PI 7.1

Regards,

MFH

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mf_haq
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sen,

Thanks for your quick reply.

But my question is can we connect SFTP server using seeburger FTP adaptor in SAP PI 7.1???

Regards,

MFH

former_member223322
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You cannot connect to SFTP server with Seeburger FTP adapter. You need to buy a separate 3rd party SFTP or Seeburger SFTP adapter for connecting to any SFTP server.

~Srini

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What you also can do is use the SFTP adapter from SAP (part of the new B2B addon).

This is free of any license and works harmless with your SAP PI.

The only prerequisite is that you must be on SAP PI 7.11, SP09.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

As per my knowledge, SFTP is free but SAP B2B Add on is not FREE. It requires additional licensing cost.

http://scn.sap.com/community/b2b-integration/blog/2012/04/24/installation-and-deployment-of-sap-netw...

May be you can correct me.

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nabendu,

Have a look at http://scn.sap.com/community/b2b-integration/blog/2011/10/31/announcement-b2b-adapters-for-sap-netwe... . There is a small table saying there is no addition license required for the SFTP adapter. Also, there are OSS notes available stating there is no extra cost required.

Be careful: there is a license needed for the B2B add-on. Only the SFTP part is license free.

Kind regards

Dimitri

mf_haq
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Dimitri and Nabendu,

My interface is like this SFTP---------->PI--------->ECC in this case we can full the requirement with SFTP adapter (As similar as File adapter config) as above said after PI upgrade to PI 7.11 or 7.3 apart from this do we need anything else to use SFTP which required license/purchase etc.

In B2B add-on will get below adapters or anything else is there with add-on which is related to SFTP adaper.

OFTP

X.400

AS2

Regards,

MFH

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For your requirement, SAP's SFTP adapter suits perfectly.

The other adapters, included in the B2B add-on, are attached to a license.

Others than that, you do not need. Just build your scenario.

Hope this clarifies.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

former_member223322
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Just the upgrade to PI 7.3 should solve your problem. I don't think you need a B2B add-on for your scenario.

~Srini

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In case you only want the SFTP adapter, you can even stay on release 7.11. Just make sure you are on the correct SP, being 09.

Kind regards

Dimitri

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos