cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To change account assignment group in va02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, experts:

I want to change account assignment group in va02, but the field can not be changed.

To change account assignment group in va02, what should I set in IMG.

The  figure shown as follows:

Best regards,

1. Jet.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

The field which you're talking about determines from Material Master. Go to MM02 and in Sales: Sales Org. 2 view maintain correct 'Acct. Assignment Grp.' If billing hasn't been done yet then go to VA02 and enter the line item again you'll see updated Acct. Assignment Grp. which you've changed in Material Master. Hope it helps. Thanks and have a good day.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Account Assignement Group can either be changed at Master data level (Material master in your case), or at Sales Invoice Item level.

But ideally Account Assignment Group for Material is generally not changed at Sales Doucment Level. I believe you need to change your Master Records to set it right once & for all.

For your information, the Account Assignment Group in Sales Document Header flows from Customer Master & at Sales Document Item flows from Material Master.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jignesh, Sai,

Yes, the account assignment group in the billing document, at item level is editable!

But why?

Could you please explain this, with a business example?

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Material Master Account Assignment Group ( Sales : Sales Org2 )-> will be reflected into Sales Order Item level ( Item level in Billing Document non editable ) and Billing Document Item level under Item detail .

Customer Master Account Assignment Group ( Sales Area view under Billing Tab)-> will be reflected into Sales Order Header level ( in Accounting Tab - non editable ) and Billing Document Header under Header Tab ( from Payer only ).

Note : I will let you know about this completely with FI guy .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Naren,

Based on tests done in IDES, my question is why are Account assignment group for material and Account assignment group for customer editable in the billing document?

In other words, user has the option to change the values (compared to in the sales order) of these two fields in VF01, in the billing document. Why?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

I had come across several situations where the account assignment groups are maintained incorrectly in the MM and the same is driven in the sales order, delivery created , and complete PGI.

The error is spotted only during the invoice being posted  to accounting.

Since this field is made editable, we know which is the correct one, and change in the billing document and release it to accounting.

Business reason : Ultimately, we are hitting the right GL without being the effort of reversing GI, deleting the Delivery and correcting the Acc Ass gr in the sales order.

Regards,

Ram

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ramesh,

It was a pleasure to read your post!

Thank you!

Could you please explain

1. Is it that from a MM document, a sales order is created?

How is this done "technically"? In other words, is there any copy control? Which t-codes exactly?

2. During the creation of the sales documents (e.g. sales order) wouldn't the Account assignment group for customer come from the CMR? and the Account assignment group for the material come from the MMR (Sales: Sales org 2)?

In a MM document, is there any "sales-related" account assignment group for material?

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

Sorry for the delay in reply as I was busy with some PROD issues.

To answer, The master data's are generally created by users and there will be a chance that the account group would have maintained wrongly.As we all know, the accounting entries flow from billing, so, instead of reversing all transactions, we suggest user to  change at billing level.

BTW, What i feel from Ramesh's post on MM is: Material master. let see what he says on this.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sai,

Thank you for your post!

BTW, how does a user while creating a billing document identify that the Account assignment group of either Material or Customer is incorrect?

With the correction of Acc. assignment group in the billing document, do you also request the user (or the Master Data maintenance team) to correct the data at master data level?

So that in future, no manual correction is needed at the billing document level?

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

T W wrote:

Sai,

Thank you for your post!

BTW, how does a user while creating a billing document identify that the Account assignment group of either Material or Customer is incorrect?

Dear TW,

If the document has not posted due to error in Account Interface, then the account group is editable even though we saved the document. So, as part of month end activity when user runs VFX3 we can see the list of documents which are yet to release to account.

For the second one: Yes, we have to suggest user to do the changes at master levels to avoid such issues in future.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear TW Sir,

Would like to answer few things against your query. In case of wrong Acct. Assignment Grp. system will create the billing document with a msg that no accounting document has been generated and when you try to release the same in VF02 then in account determination analysis you'll observe that its because of error in CMR Assignment Grp. or MMR Acct. Assignment Grp. Now we need to manually correct the entry in the billing document and after saving in case of correct value posting to accounting will be successful and there will be no issue at all as only the data in the billing will be used for posting to accounting.

Business Scenario:

Suppose billing documents have already been created before the correction of Acct. Assignment Grp. When you raise any Sale Order certain information get copied from CMR and MMR records and the same will be copied from Sale Order to Billing Document under the same info which has been used for account determination in relation to posting billing document to FI and for that you need to change the Acct. Assignment Grp. for previous generated documents manually instead of creating new ones.

Rgds.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sai, Ammarah,

Many thanks!

Message was edited by: T W - added in blue color font

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TW, Sai,

Yes i referred MM as  material master as you rightly stated.

Usually these are kind of typical production related quick fixes that are suitable to overcome more business effort, offered by SAP. At times there are invoices which were not posted for months and months and come to the question in the last moment with the account assignment error. Since we have this field editable it makes life easier than asking to reverse the complete business transaction which is a huge task at that moment for business.

Thanks..

Best Regards,

Ram

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

If the document has not posted due to error in Account Interface

What error will get in Account Interface If the Account Assignment Group wrong in Billing why because we have a option to maintain Acc.Group of material and customer in VKOA .So,this is important for Accounting .But what is the importance of Acc.Group of Material and Customer Master is If you dont have a option of Acc.Grpoup of Material and Customer in the table of VKOA to maintain that details then the Customer master and Material master will be helpful to get that details into Billing to release the accounting document .

Note : Please read my second post to clear doubts on above explanation .

If any body have doubts on this please let me know .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What i understand from your post and screenshot is that, there is an account group i.e. trading goods is being picked up in sales order.

First, try to understand the impact of that change, if you client is posting to accounts or is using material master account group as one of the options then, you better get business confirmation before doing any such changes in the master data ( Anyway, we as a consultant will not do any changes in the master data, until unless its mass change where we do upload or update by using LSMW or other upload tools).

So, ensure that whatever you do the changes, you have sufficient account determination settings so that it will post relevant accounts.

Now, your question is how to change the account group in VA02: As far as I know you can't do it va02 however, you can do this in VF01 while creating billing ( I am not sure, but, I guess its possible).

If you want this change from SO, then keep reason for rejection for that order, now, do the changes in material/customer master as per the client requirement and create the fresh orders.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yc,

shikhar has already given the solution!

Furthermore, both Sai and Jignesh have given good replies! (covering multiple points).

My first question is why do you (or the user) want to change the Account assignment group of material in the sales order?

Is this just for this sales order? or shall become a regular activity?

Thank you, in advance!

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sai,

If you want this change from SO, then keep reason for rejection for that order, now, do the changes in material/customer master as per the client requirement and create the fresh orders.

Specifically for this issue, change the Account assignment group for Material, in a sales order, at line item level, why should the OP put reason for reject for the entire order and then create a fresh order?

Just by doing respective changes in material master record (w.r.t. account assignment group) in MM02, thereafter delete the line item in the sales order in VA02, create a new line item with the same sales order, the changed (new) account assignment group of material shall get populated.

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear TW,

Yes, we can do this.What if a sales order has multiple line items? Frankly, it was out of my mind and didn't thought about this

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello YC

To change the account assignment group go to the Customer Master->Sales Area Data->Billing Tab->Account Assignment Group

If you want to create a new account assignment group the path is IMG ➢ Sales And Distribution ➢

Basic Functions ➢ Account Assignment/Costing ➢ Revenue Account Determination ➢

Check Master Data Relevant For Account Assignment ➢ Customers: Account Assignment Group (OVK8)

Regards

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi YC,

Please go to MM02 (change Material) Transaction. Go to Sales: sales org. 2 Tab and change the Account Assignment group over there. Once you do that it will be automaticaly chnaged in the Sales Order.

Hope it helps

Thanks & Regards,

Shikhar Gadbil

former_member216765
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Account Assignment group in a transaction comes from the customer master data. Check the same in XD02. if you want to maintain other entries for account assignment group then go to IMG>SD>Basic Function>Account Assignment/Costing>Revenue Acct Determination>Check Master Data relevant for Acct Determination.

Go to the Header Details in VA02 and Select Accounts Tab there you will get the various option for Account Assignment Grp

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please go to XD02 and give the Customer details and check what value you have maintained in "Account Assignment Group " for that customer in Billing Document tab in Sales Area View .This is copied from Customer master .you need to to change in customer level t get that into Sales Order level .

If you have any doubts please let me know.

Thanks,

Naren