cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enhance Web Dynpro View Configuration in 7.31?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

we are used to enhance Web Dynpro Configurations for Views in SRM up to 7.01 (BASIS 7.02). Since SRM 7.02 (BASIS 7.31) this is no longer possible. The whole process changed a lot and we are no longer able to find the correct procedure to enhance component configurations.

What we did understand was that we can reach the enhancement section directly from the Web UI: right mouse -> technical help. From here we

can reach the actual Component-Configuration of the view directly (instead of going to SE80 first in BASIS 7.02).

After this we are presented the component configuration as we are used to (except that the trays are aligned vertically instead of horizontally

before). In view mode we see the trays "Component Defined" and "Web Dynpro Built In". Now we can enhance the configuration. After creating

the enhancement the tray "Web Dynpro Built In" disappears. It is not possible to enhance the screen.

What is wrong here?

Regards

Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jerry_martinek2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Did you ever figure out the answer to your question? If you did, would you please share it?

Thanks,

Jerry

Former Member
0 Kudos

no, only what is described here

jerry_martinek2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

I'm experiencing the same in a 740 0006 and SRM 713 0004 level system. I guess that this is the way it's going to work going forward.

I read the suggested thread but I didn't really get a clear idea on how to best enhance the items that we can't get access to because the 'Web Dynpro Built In' section is not part of the enhancement.

Maybe I didn't see it due to my low experience level with the various Web Dynpro enhancement options and Web Dynpros in general.

What did you end up doing or have done since then? I'm trying to remove the item level approval tab.

Thanks,

Jerry