cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ME User assigned roles are not applying after every full deployment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am developing one custom extension of SAP ME 6.0 by using SDK 6.0. I have assigned SAP_ME_ADMINISTRATOR,SAP_ME_INTEGRATOR and SAP_ME_USER roles to ME user. After full deployment, If I try to login to SAP ME I am getting " Your are not Authorised to view this". and I need to go to the NW IdentityManagement and add the above roles to ME user, then only I can login to SAP ME.

need inputs here, why this is happening after every full deployment?

Thanks & Regards,

Eshwar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Eshwar,

What do you mean by 'full deployment'? Do you mean that you undeploy ME components before deploying new version? If so, what is the result of deploying new patch on top of already deployed ME without undeployment? I guess it could be the case that when undeploloyment is performed all ME related roles are deleted from the UME as they are initially introduced by ME.

Regards,

Konstantin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergiy & Konstantin,

Thanks for the quick reply.

@Sergiy, its happening after every full deployment. is it happend to anyone else who is doing customizations in SAP ME SDK 6.0?

@ Konstantin - Yes full deployment means undeploy ME components before deploying new version.

Thanks

Eshwar.

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Eshwar,

As you fully undeploy ME, it's obvious that all components and objects (including UME roles) are removed also as they originally come with ME. As the object is removed - it's linkage to users is also removed. I believe this works as designed. And yes - I understand it's kinda annoying for development environment, but I guess as always - it is what it is.

Regards,

Konstantin

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eshwar,

If the issue is replicable on constant basis against the latest patch of SAP ME release, then you'd better submit a support ticket and open a WTS connection to your system.

Regards,

Sergiy