SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNC configuration with out SSO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I got a requirement to configure SNC login for selected users without SSO being setup between SAP GUI & SAP AS ABAP.

Kindly let me know is SNC can be configured without SSO exclusively?

If not, how can the above can be configured..help me with your views.

The main reason why we are not going for SSO is we have requests coming from rfguns scanners as dialogue user requests and many users are using same laptops for logging into SAP.

Thanks,
Sri.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

This should have been posted either in the or space.

You can control the use of SSO by SAP Logon parameters. In transaction SU01 you specify if users are allowed to login with password, assuming the instance profile parameter snc/accept_insecure_gui is set. See the attached discussion for details.

https://scn.sap.com/thread/3331231

0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

Sorry for the delayed response. We have opted for going trough implementation of client encryption .I Changed the profile parameter snc/accept_insecure_gui=1 and from My GUI i was able to see the lock button on GUI on right hand bottom pane for GUI 7.3.

But When I change

snc/accept_insecure_gui=0 and restarted the server and when I am trying to login to server it is not logging me in trowing error.

How can we know once the user is logged in the connection is SNC enabled connection apart from the lock button available

0 Kudos

With the instance profile parameters you can force secure connections, any established connection is then secure by default. Do you want to allow insecure connections and in case of insecure connection display a warning or such to the user?

0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

We want all the connections to be secure . How can we achieve it? is it possible.

if so is it trough

snc/accept_insecure_gui=0  profile parameter.

But when I am enabling it is not letting me to login stating snc login not possible.

What are the other options I can work on.

0 Kudos

Yes it's with that instance profile parameter, there is an even improved one in later kernels but that will work most of the time. In order to have encrypted client connections, you may need to download and configure SNC Client Encryption if it's not included on your GUI installation.

0 Kudos

Yes I have installed SNC client encryption on the GUI.

Is there any prerequisite that all the users need to be authenticated in windows domain?

I have created a  microsoft windows account and defined service principle name.