cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find Authorization Issue in Easy DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have access to all the document types and folders except one folder.I am getting error as "You are not authorized to document/folder here".I have tried to find out missing authorization using the link "http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/PQKFAQ." but I am unable to trace the missing authorization.As per the link I have selected only "Authorization Check" and press the trace button and given my user id in general filters.Now executed the steps to simulate the same Easy DMS Error and return to ST01 and press the Trace off button .When I click the Analysis button and selected the "error" radio button under authorization check and execute,I am able to see attached records.Please let me know where I went wrong,Please provide me tips to find out authorization issue related to Easy DMS with respect to above mentioned wiki link.

Thanks&Regards,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

As for as I know, you should be able to capture it in SU53 and other way is tracing using ST01.

Regards,

Amaresh Makal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amaresh,

In EASY DMS when I navigate to folder where I had issue.I have Checked authorizations tab in SAP Properties button where I created entry with my USER ID as ADMIN which allows me to create subfolder and documents but it didnt allow other users to view documents in this folder.Please let me know how should I Proceed.

Thanks&Regards,

naresh

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

as mentioned in your last reply you have created an ACL ADMIN authorization for your userID in a specific folder. If this ADMIN authorization is the only assigned permission then only you can use this folder or create subfolders here. Other "normal" users cannot work with this folder due to missing ACL permission. The only exception would be for users that have the ACO_SUPER authorization object assigned but there should not be a lot of such ACO_SUPER users normally.

So this ACL entry also explains the failing authorization check on ACO_SUPER object which is displayed in your attached JPG file. From my point of view the behavior is working fine if there is only one ADMIN entry for your userID. If you want that other users can work with your folder then you have to add an ACL entry for them as well.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

The issue has been solved by deleting the folder entry in table DMS_GUID in tcode SE16/SE16N.

Thanks&Regards,

Naresh.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

Please check su53. You should get some authorization details in this.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

SU53 may not be helpful to find authorization issues of Easy DMS.I have checked so many times but it always display "Last authorization check was successful".

Regards,

Naresh