SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivation of Commitment Budget

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know the process to deactivate the budget check. I have selected ledger not active now when I try to edit an old PO is giving error that period 1 of previous is not open for commitment budget. I do not want this error

5 REPLIES 5

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure what error exactly you are getting, but keep in mind, that deactivation of AVC ledger is not the same as deactivation of a budget category, as commitment budget is. I believe, the error you have in mind is connected to FMIR transaction, where you open periods for FM actual postings. Even if you deactivate 9H ledger for commitment budget check, the postings in 9G and 9B ledgers for budget and actuals, will still be active.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes the problem is with FMIR. I know opening the previous in FMIR will not have any harm. Is there a possibility of completely deactivating the commitment budget.

Regards,

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not after you have postings in your FM area. Budget category usage is defined in BCS settings (for budgetary part) and via Update profile (for actual/commitments part).

Former Member
0 Kudos

After I have deleted the commitment and actual data and run FMAVCREINIT also ??

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This would never harm In any case, if it's just a test system and you are free to change the customization, then you have to do the following:

a) delete 'commitment budget' category from BCS budget entry settings

b) set an update profile, which updates only payment budget

c) modify AVC settings