Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Messages from PI to MII using HTTP post method

former_member1231563
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are using SAP MII 12.2 ver. and PI as per customer's requirement and landscape.

PI will receive iDOC from ECC. PI needs to process the iDOC and send a simple XML to SAP MII.

Please let us know the configurations needed at

1. PI to send simple XML using HTTP POST method.

2. MII to receive a simple XML using HTTP POST method.

Also please note that our message transfer is in an asynchronous mode.

Kindly guide us with any example documentation or links.

Thanks for your help as always.

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

HariCS23
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can try WSMessageListener.

http://<server>:<port>/XMII/Illuminator?service=WSMessageListener&mode=WSMessageListenerServer&NAME=<UniqueMessageName>

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mii122sp03/helpdata/en/4c/7258d9e631469ee10000000a15822d/content.htm

Thanks

Hari

former_member1231563
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Hari,

Thanks for your response!!

Actually i have read about that but the doubt i have is that how will MII recieve the XML doc that will be posted to this URL mentioned above.

Is there any additional work that needs to be done on the MII front like using some specific action blocks(eg HTTP XI action block) or it will be directly be assigned to the input local variable we have used in the business logic transaction??

Please help me out on that one with any example or doc if u can.

Thanks,

Praveen.

HariCS23
Contributor
0 Kudos

Praveen,

You should define message processing rule for the message listener "XMIIMESSAGELISTENER" , message type Web Service ,your message name and attach transaction to process your XML.

Thanks

Hari

former_member1231563
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Hari,

Thanks for the response!

I am able to recieve the message sent from PI as evident from the message monitor's status which shows "SUCCESS" but I am not getting how to process that recieved XML in my transaction.

Will you please tell how to get that XML or how to access the recieved  XML so that i can use it for further processing.

Thanks,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Given that the message is in state 'Success', I assume you successfully created the processing rule.

(Should be in state 'No Rule' otherwise)

Does the transaction you call in the processing rule have an XML Input parameter?

If yes, you can assign the 'ReceivedMessageXML' to this input parameter.

The mapping can be found on the lower right corner when editing a processing rule.

For each received message of the type you specified in 'Message Name', your transaction will be called and the input parameter will be populated with the message.

hope that helps,

Julian

PS (just FYI)

You can also work directly with the queue using the actions found in the workbench under 'Message Services'.

It's a bit more work, but comes in handy if you e.g. want to process the messages asynchronously using schedulers.

Answers (0)