cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide fields on screen (EHSM 3.0)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to hide some fields on "Basic Information" tab of an incident (e.g. Address fields).

I tried to set field property "Is visible" to "Is not visible" through enhancement, but it hides only the label, not the text field.

There are sme fields already hidden on the screen through SPRO.

I want to know the best way of achieving it. Is it to be done through enhancement OR through SPRO (setting attributes Read only, Enabled, Mandatory)?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

guillaume-hrc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If there is a dedicated customizing point for settings attributes of UI elements, it makes sense to use it.

This way, maintenance gets easier. You should only resort to Enhancement when everything else has failed.

Best regards,

Guillaume

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

This can be done through SPRO.

SPRO -> Foundation for EHS Management -> General Configuration -> Specify Field Control.

You can use this SPRO configuration to make specific fields visible/invisible/editable on the user interface. Field Control is possible on all nodes of a business object and for all properties on the node.

Look at the documentation provided by the SPRO to get more details.

Thanks!

Abhinav_Sharma
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mrunal,

Rightly said by Guillaume Garcia. I dont have exposure to EHSM module, however, since it is related to WD, what I can say, you can check if there is explict configuration available. SAP provides built-in configuration or Implicit configuration which you can use to control the runtime behaviour of the UI elements. You need to create/modify the application configuration to achieve the same

Using enhancments just to hide the fields is not a good option.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Abhinav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for the replies.

FA has done it thru' customizing.

0 Kudos

Hi Mrunal,

For your requirement, you need to Enhance Feeder class CL_EHHSS_INC_BINFA_UI_FRM . In that Feeder class you need to create Post Exit for method GET DATA and in that modify internal table CT_FIELD_USAGE using VISIBILITY. At last mention  EV_FIELD_USAGE_CHANGED = 'X'. So that changes regarding that fields will reflect.

Thanks and regards,

Chetan P Patil.