System Copy

former_member226585
Participant
0 Kudos

Good afternoon.

We have ERP system based on Oracle.

But the productive system is situated on the Oracle Exadata

A QAS and DEV on conventional virtual servers

How do we make a copy of the productive to the test, given that up after SCC9 last very long and productive work can not be stopped

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Evgeniy,

>> How do we make a copy of the productive to the test, given that up after SCC9 last very long and productive work can not be stopped

This is so generic question. To find out the root cause you need to provide more information. Do you face with the performance problem on specific tables?

Please note that if you are working on large volume client, you may perform the parallel process or database reorganization or archive the data, before the client copy operation.

Note 67205 - CC-INFO: Copying large and productive clients

Additionally, it may be caused by lock over the table. Please read the note, for the further information

Note 572139 - CC-INFO: Client copy hangs with a certain table

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

former_member226585
Participant
0 Kudos

Greetings.

It's all very well, but these methods lead to a halt in the production system, which we can not allow that!

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Evgeniy,

One option which I could think of is to make of copy of Production to another instance. From there you can experiment the solutions described above.

You may also look for option of client export using SCC8. This can run in background when the load on production system is low.You can then import the content to target test system.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suggest to follow the database restoration method.

Regards

Mukunthan

former_member226585
Participant
0 Kudos

How?

former_member206552
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Evgeniy

I had a similiar situation a while back where by i did an online export of the oracle database using consistent=y flag.

You still need to do this in low activity time, or you can use sapinst as well but do not tick the option that states stop running sap system, problem is that the export is not consitent because of database being changed the whole time.

Best option will be as suggested by Orkun to use parallel but will cause some locks

Best Regards

Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

My recommendation is you do the HSC .....

What's your OS ?

regards

Lincoln

former_member226585
Participant
0 Kudos

Red Hat Linux 5