Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Office Control

former_member188556
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

i have an excel sheet to be displayed through a web dynpro program. i was able to display it correctly but on pressing the save button in the excel sheet, the browser starts <u><b>reloading continously with out termination.</b></u> i have enabled the readwrite option for the office element. i am using the " WDOfficeControlMethods.saveDocument(this.wdThis.wdGetAPI(),"OfficeControl0"); " for saving the document. if anyone worked on this scenario please help me...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bobu,

Actually what have to be done for saving Office document is:

1. Define <i>onSave</i> action handler where you copy content from attribute to file / stream /db / etc

2. Either rely on defualt "Save" behavior of Excel / Word ActiveX (i.e. button directly included in control) or provide your own <i>IWDButton</i> (or <i>IWDLinkToAction</i>) that will trigger "Save" via calling <i>WDOfficeControlMethods.saveDocument(...)</i> in its own <i>onAction</i> action handler.

DO NOT INVOKE WDOfficeControlMethods.saveDocument FROM onSave ACTION HANDLER.

VS

former_member188556
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Valery..

The problem of continous loop is now avoided. But still the document is not getting saved.

If v dont invoke the WDOfficeControlMethods.saveDocument, how will we save it...

Please clarify me...

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a bug in WD: invoking saveDocument cause content submition only within <b>next action</b>

We are using the following workaround:

1. Place Timer control with 1 second delay (allowed minimum) on view. Timer is initially disabled.

2. When invoking save via button call saveDocument and enable timer.

3. When timer action fired, new content is available

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please provide me the code used to add timer and help saving processes.

I am currently running in similar issue.

Thanks

Answers (0)