Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Form First / Last Page Footer

Deon_van_Zyl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I am busy designing a Adobe form for Customer Statements.

The form has a really big footer that contains all the payment details. This footer should display either on the last page if there are multiple pages, or on the first page if there is only one page.

I considered creating one master page and hiding the footer, but the footer it to big and results in the content area of the items details table begin to small.

The second option would to create two master pages and somehow set the pages the page with the header and the footer must always be the last page and the page with only the header and big table content area only be used when there are multiple pages . Hope I this makes sense! My adobe from knowledge is a bit limited so I have no idea how to accomplish this.

Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Kind Regards

Deon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deon,

I am assuming you do not want to reserved a place for footer and you would like to show footer on last page only.

You need to learn and play the trick on the content: Flowed / Positioned of your subform.

These are the basic things you need to do.

Firstly, check your content area under Master Pages > Page1 > untitled Content Area > Object palettes > Flow direction = Top to Bottom (This should be defaulted)

Secondly, open object palettes  > Subform tab on your main subform, do this:

Content  = Flowed, Flow direction = Top to Bottom, Check the allow page break within Content.

Thirdly, create 2 subform within your main subform,

First subform, call it subform A, should containing your main/item details. 

I assuming your content might grows and get overflow into another page so you would want to set this subform as Flowed too. See sample here

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/AdobeForms/Alternative/page3.htm

Put your footer details in second subform, call it subform B . I assume the content is quite fixed, eg, address / page number / signature . So you can set content : Positioned under Object Palettes > Subform tab.

The main idea is, your overall content in form can be flowed to N pages depends on data in subform A, and footer in subform B will be always pushed and display at the end of the page only.

Let me know if you need further info.

Anyway, this is the solution if you change your mind to reserve a place for footer and show this in last page only.

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/AdobeForms/Header/Index.htm

regards,

Xiang Li

Deon_van_Zyl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Xiang,

Thanks for your detailed feedback! Yes, the footer must only display on the last page and has a fixed structure... banking details etc. It is a customer statement:)

The structure of my form currently is as follow:

1) I have a main form that contains the heading fields (which will show on every page) and then a content area. The main form is set Master > MasterPage1 > ContentArea1 > Object palettes > Flow direction = Top to Bottom

2) I have two subforms OUTSIDE the Master Page structure.

2.1)     SubForm1 Contains my items table. The subform is set to flowed -> Top to Bottom and allow page breaks is ticked. On the pagination tab I set its place to "In Content Area "CA_main1"

2.2)      SubForm2 Contains my footer. The subform is set to positioned and the Pagination to "Following Previous.

3)     I have added the script in the initialise event to only show the SubForm2 (Footer) on the last page

Now... the questions:

1) Should these subforms be created within my master page structure? If I do this, then I can't set the pagination?

2) How do I make the content area size dynamic? Currently it will only fill my items table until it reached the end of the content area size. If I change my content area to fill the rest of the page then it displays the first line of  my footer and the rest disappears into oblivion .. if I make it smaller, it fills it to half the page (end of content area) puts 1 record on the second page, and puts the footer on a third page... I am ready to throw my screen out of the office at this point ..

Any help would be appreciated immensely!

Kind Regards

Deon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deon,

Sorry for late reply, been away for few days.

1) Should these subforms be created within my master page structure? If I do this, then I can't set the pagination?

Nope, this should be created under your body subforms.

2) How do I make the content area size dynamic? Currently it will only fill my items table until it reached the end of the content area size. If I change my content area to fill the rest of the page then it displays the first line of  my footer and the rest disappears into oblivion .. if I make it smaller, it fills it to half the page (end of content area) puts 1 record on the second page, and puts the footer on a third page... I am ready to throw my screen out of the office at this point ..

Do not worry. With Content = flowed setting, this will enable your first subform to be expandable based on the content size; and push the subform underneath it into next page if required.

- Can you provide screen shoot on "I have two subforms OUTSIDE the Master Page structure."?

- "I have added the script in the initialise event to only show the SubForm2 (Footer) on the last page" May I know what script you have put in for this? Basically , if you have done the content = flowed setting above, you no need to do any coding  to show the foot on last page.

Thanks.

Xiang Li

Deon_van_Zyl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Xiang,

Apologies for disappearing for a while... the project got a bit hectic. Thank you so much for your help. Will reward points. I seems to have the form kind of working. I used a structure as in the screenshot below. The only remaining problem is that I can't seem to fix the position of the footer once it has gotten to the last page. Is that possible? It flows correctly onto the second or third page.. but now the client wants it to be in a fixed position on that page... My footer subform has been set to positioned but i cannot set the x and y co-ordinates under the layout. Any suggestions?

Kind Regards

Deon

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

To make the footer position adjustable,

1. Wrap it in a subform(by right click on the footer field).

2. Choose "Flowed" for the Content in subform tab. Ensure the sub form is outside the Content Area in the Master Page.

Thanks,

Sathya.

Deon_van_Zyl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sathya,

Thanks for your reply. I have done this with the footer. But how do I make the content area on the master form adjustable in size? There don't seem to be a setting?

-d