Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass delete favourites menu from all user

manthana_c
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

Is there any way to mass delete favourites menu that user created for all users?

I would like to reset the user log on.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

One dirty trick is to delete the entries from the database tables SMEN_BUFFC and SMEN_BUFFI

Good Luck

RB

manthana_c
Contributor
0 Kudos

I delete entries from the database tables SMEN_BUFFC and SMEN_BUFFI but when I log on with that user , the favorites still there.

Pls advise.

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

How did you delete them ?

Did you delete them for the right client ?

Regards

RB

manthana_c
Contributor
0 Kudos

Absolutely. SE16 show only the client I am working now.

but even I delete the entries , when user log on ,the favorites menu still there.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dirty updates to database tables don't always (appear to) work.

If I remember correctly it is buffered on the application servers in a structure called SMENSAPNEW or something similar. So you have corrupted the DB table sync with the buffers now and some flags are missing in the SSM* tables.

You should use the favourites download function for a user with only the minimum basic and then upload it for the others with the open to replace and not append. That should clear it.

Or you can go to customizing (unlike SMEN_BUFFI, these do have maintenance dialogs...) in SSM_CUST and there is an option to globally turn favourites OFF. That is also client indepedent - but affects everyone.

--> dont fiddle around directly on the DB!

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try using transaction SUIM.