cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Backorder or rescheduling not possible in 01(CG)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

i m new to this forum as well as new to sap sd ....when i was practicing always in mind 3 things in this course,  what.. when.. why..

Today i saw backorder scheduling & rescheduling  is not possible for 01 checking Group(MRP3) ...so just need to know why its not possible ? for this is there any fields or controls which maintaining this ???if yes where the control for this ?

And when backorder and rescheduling is possible and why ? Please explain ..full explain

Thanking You

Manas Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This topic is little bit confuse topic ...when i posted this topic i searched in google as well as this forum but not got any relevant or accurate ans for it just digging now ......still confuse in some cases ...So no comments from my site now the best Gurus may help ...may b MM guys can explain better...sd best rule call abaper or MM....

Thank  You ...

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to tcode OVZ2 and read the documentation (F1) for field RelChkPlan. The blank is 'no check'

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank U Eduardo...

U solved my Problem ....

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Manas,

Would you please explain "the solution / reason"? (probably with an example)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear T W ,

could you please focus some light on the relation between checking group and back orders scheduling /rescheduling.

Thank you,

Suman Datt

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am still not clear about the answer / explanation to this question -

Back order processing not possible for Collective requirements (e.g. checking group = 01 Daily req., back order process is not possible).

Could you please explain? (with a business example)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to tcode OVZ2 and read the documentation (F1) for field RelChkPlan. The blank is 'no check'

this is the area whr avilibility chk 01 & 02 controlled ..just see the fields ...

thank u

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Manas,

I have read the F1 help pertaining to the fields you have mentioned (before also, when Eduardo suggested it). But still it is not clear to me.

Furthermore, for all the checking groups (e.g. for 01, 02 etc. etc.) this field has value blank.

So, please explain, in more detail.

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW.

Sorry by the late reply. I've done some experiments without much success, so, It's also confusing for me, because until I know, you need to link it to PP, MM and so on, but I believe it's related with MRP, APO (that I don't know) and ATP with BOM, for instance, SO related with PP orders, subcontracting PO and so on).

The question, as I understand is if the ATP is linked to the availability of components in BOM. Other thing is if system has the capability for checking capacity and so on, because you can have enough components but perhaps you don't have capacity in your plant for doing it (for instance PM orders and some routes are locked). As you can read in the next links and note, it's an area with a lot of implications in integration with other modules. If somebody have other ideas, they are welcome. And if you discover something useful, please let us know.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/EN/56/f96939c7bfd124e10000000a11402f/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/f4/7d317144af11d182b40000e829fbfe/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/f4/7d316444af11d182b40000e829fbfe/content.htm

In the other hand, see SAP Note 549064 - FAQ: Rescheduling and backorder updating in R/3, and related notes, it's very useful, specially question 2 and a report SAP suggest to use a template if you are not using APO.

I hope this helps you (I am afraid it confuses you).

Regards

Eduardo

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i m new to this forum as well as new to sap sd

Since you have mentioned this, I would like to advice you that before posting any query in this forum, you have to go through the forum rules which you can see to your right side of the screen.  It has been very clearly mentioned that before posting, you should have made some basic efforts like trying to search answer to your query.  If you try to search in Google with this topic, you will find lot of documentations.  Take the inputs from there, try on your own and post any specific query so that members can guide you.  Please avoid posting basic or repeated query here which is not allowed.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir Mr. G  Laxmipathi

Surely i will keep it in mind for next time...Thank you sir

Before that I need to know this sir ...

Today i saw backorder scheduling & rescheduling  is not possible for 01 checking Group(MRP3) ...so just need to know why its not possible ? for this is there any fields or controls which maintaining this ???if yes where the control for this ?

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Checking Group 1 - Individual Requirement

Checking Group 2 - Collective Requirement

Always in individual requirement ,we need to manufacture/procure ( From vendor ) the goods based on Customer Order .In this case ,we doesnt have stock as ready for delivery .when a movement customer is given Order then we will start to manufacture or procure that material from vendor side to delivery the goods for customer requested delivery date .

So,for Checking Group 1 doesnt have Back order Process .

Note : Please have look into below thread .

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1606096

If you have any doubts please let me know .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Naren,

Your post is not clear to me!

Could you please help -

Checking Group 1 - Individual Requirement

Checking Group 2 - Collective Requirement

In SAP

01 = Daily requirements

02 = Individual requirements

2. Checking group dictates how (combined or separate) the requirements are passed to the other department (which is responsible for getting the material available, to be sent to the customer).

Could you please explain why with daily requirements (01) back order processing is not possible?

, , members could you please help?

Side comment: I have checked Google but I am unable to find a clear and to-the-point answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u for yr Valuable reply ...

i need to know the depth ans of this...sap has controls or fields to execute proper result ...but in checking group is thr any control or field for backorder or rescheduling or i hav to mug this thing ...

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Manas,

i hav to mug this thing 

In my opinion you do not have to memorize anything with out clear understanding.

Simply by memorizing (the configuration or the definitions etc.) would not help you, during your explanation of the concepts during the interviewers or during your discussions with clients or colleagues.

Focus on clear understanding (with the help of simple business example).