Did you mean: 

field value- vc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i've 2 characteristics say
Harddisk size = 1tb/2tb/4tb
Screen size = 14/15/16/17 inch

Above Characteristic values will be selected by user during order creation manually.

Requirement:
i want to pass these values- Harddisk size & screen size selected by user
to Sales order line item Level - to some unused fields like PO Number/referenceno etc.

Can you Pls. suggest how this can be achieved in VC &
what setting needs to be done

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Flavio
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe that this can be achieved by means of Reference Characteristics and a Procedure to valuate these characteristics, procedure allocated in the configuration profile.

For instance, if we want to make use of the field PO Number (table VBKD, field BSTKD) we should create a reference characteristics (say VBKD_BSTKD) that, in the 'Additional data' tab, shall refer to that table and field

Characteristic can be 'Not Ready for Input' and hidden ('No Display').

In the Procedure, we will simply evaluate this reference characteristic with the value coming from the one we want (for instance, the HARDDISK_SIZE one).

The code could be something like this:

$SELF.VBKD_BSTKD = $SELF.HARDDISK_SIZE  IF  $SELF.HARDDISK_SIZE  SPECIFIED.

The Procedure shall be allocated into the configuration profile.

Hope this could help. Try this in your Development system and let me know in case of any issue.

Thank you and bye,

Flavio

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I created Reference characteristic - with table VBKD - Field BSTKD.  (also tried VBKD - BSTKD_E)

i created Procedure rule & assigned to config profile, Also maintained reference characteristic in Class.

But after i select the harddisk size ( say 1tb) this value is not flowing to PO number field , i checked at both heder & item level.

Can you Pls. suggest

Flavio
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is weird, as it should work, at least according to the documentation (here attached, an excerpt from LO-VC document).

Do you see any inconsistency from configuration?

Additionally, could you please trace the configuration for object dependencies execution? With this, check whether the one that should set the value in the reference characteristic is properly executed.

Thank you and bye,

Flavio

Answers (0)