cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enhance a Web Dynpro Component Configuration in 7.31?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we are used to enhance Web Dynpro Configurations for Views in SRM up to 7.01 (SAP_BASIS 7.02). Since SRM 7.02 (SAP_BASIS 7.31) this is no longer possible. We just want to disable some fields or change their labels ... nothing sophisticated.

The whole process changed a lot and we are no longer able to find the correct procedure to enhance component configurations.

What we did understand was that we can reach the enhancement section directly from the Web UI: right mouse -> technical help. From here we can reach the actual Component-Configuration of the view directly (instead of going to SE80 first in SAP_BASIS 7.02).

After this we are presented the component configuration as we are used to (except that the trays are aligned vertically instead of horizontally as before). In view mode we see the trays "Component Defined" and "Web Dynpro Built In". Now we can enhance the configuration. After creating the enhancement the tray "Web Dynpro Built In" disappears. It is not possible to enhance the screen.

What is wrong here?

Regards

Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mike

i am on SRM 7.13 and I also have problems to make my new WD configurations visible on SRM web.

Could you assist me a bit on this topic?

Component: /SAPSRM/WDC_DODC_ORG_ATTR

View: V_DODC_ATTR_PLANT

It is actually the table for Plants in Personalization --> SRM User Settings (Personal Settings) - Attributes (Plant)

I configured the part above.

How to make my WD config work?

I tried to add the config info into table WDY_CONF_DELC, but it makes dumps in User Settings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I faced the same issue. As a workaround I ended up hiding the buttons by opening the Web Dynpro application in Administrator Mode by appending "&sap-config-mode=x" to the URL of a running test of the application. Alternatively, open your configuration in SE80 and in the menu bar follow: Web Dynpro Configuration > Test > Execute in Administration Mode.

pedro_santos6
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello there,

Did you solve this issue?

Rgs,

Pedro Marques

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

we have the same problem.

The SAP note 1871192 doesn't resolve this problem in our system.

We have created an OSS Call for this issue, but SAP has stamped it as "Consulting Question" and provided no answer.

So, we have implemented the modification on UI elements with codes in the POST Exit of MODIFYVIEW method, with the following codes one can restrict his modification only in some expected configuration ID.

***********************************************************************************

DATA: lo_wd_component      TYPE REF TO if_wd_component,

ls_config_key            TYPE wdy_config_key.

* get the configuration ID from WD component

lo_wd_component = wd_comp_controller->wd_get_api( ).

ls_config_key       = lo_wd_component->get_configuration_key( ).

IF ls_config_key-config_id = 'the expected configuration ID'.

* the modification here depends on the expected configuration ID

ENDIF.

***********************************************************************************

I hope it could help you, and look forward to the "standard" way with 100% modification in configration editor like in earlier version.

Best Regards,

Bo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

we have the same issue on our system. I try to configurate the componente the half day and find no soultion.

Have anybody fixed the issue? Or implement the note?

Thanks a lot

Regards

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

no, only the solution with table WDY_CONF_DELC.

Regards

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

thanks a lot. With this solution it works fine! 🙂

But i don#t understand this......

Best regards

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

well. What is missing here is the delegation from one configuration to another.

In 7.01 is always was a modification. From 7.02 a new configuration was created and a so called delegation was created (to be seen in the new configuration).

In 7.31 this delegation is not created automatically. What I did now was to copy an existing configuration to my Z Namespace. Then I did a manual entry in table WDY_CONF_DELC in order to activate the delegation. After that, it worked and I was able to use the new configuration.

But: is this the correct way to do something which worked perfect in former releases?

Regards

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mike,

Also you can check this document http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-28799

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Yaiza,

thanks a lot. My Problem is, that I don´t see the tray "Web Dynpro Build-In" in Enhancement mode:

Figure 27 in the guide.

I am enhancing WD Component /SAPSRM/WDC_DODC_SC_GAF_C

Regards

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mike,

I've checked and we have the same issue in that component .

As workarround I suggest to create an enhanchement on view V_DODC_SC_GAF_FSCA in order to make your changes in WDDOMODIFYVIEW method. Other option is to create your own component configuration and change the application configuration in order to use your configuration instead of the standard one.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Yaiza,

unfortunatly we have the same issue with all WDs in SRM. Doing the usual renaming, field hiding etc. using the WDDOMODIFYVIEW method would take a lot more time - so we are looking for a proper solution to do the same as before with the same effort.

I would like to copy the configuration. My problem here is the delegation. In 7.02 the delegation was created automatically. Can you tell me how to do this in 7.31?

Regards

Mike

hobin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

There is Bug  SAP_BASIS 731. You can rectify this issue by applying the SAP note 1871192.

Regards,

Hobs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mike,

Go to the WD component on SE80. Select the component configuration you want to change. Double click on it. Select Display Configuration --> button Additional functions --> Enhance.

Select or create the enhancement. After this you should be able to change the configuration.

If you still have problems, please, let me know the component and configuration that you want to enhance.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to know this as well. Service pack wiped out our config, and now I am searching out a way to fix this.