SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

And what is the difference between Planning for Retail and S&OP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

I have another question about the difference between Planning for Retail and Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP). Could one help me?

Both have OTB, OTR, assortment planning, markdown proposal, etc?

Thanks in advanced.

KMT

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member189773
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

Planning for retail or MAP is a tool specifically developed for retail solution and especially for seasonal merchandise ( long planning cycle and short life cycle) i.e: Fashion retailing.

S&OP Sales & Operations Planning (SOP) is a flexible forecasting and planning tool with which sales, Production, and other supply chain targets can be set.

Regards,

Vikram

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

former_member189773
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

Planning for retail or MAP is a tool specifically developed for retail solution and especially for seasonal merchandise ( long planning cycle and short life cycle) i.e: Fashion retailing.

S&OP Sales & Operations Planning (SOP) is a flexible forecasting and planning tool with which sales, Production, and other supply chain targets can be set.

Regards,

Vikram

0 Kudos

Hi Ravindran,

Can I use S&OP as a planning tool for Retail?

Very thanks,

KMT

0 Kudos

Hi,

Eventhough S&OP is a planning tool like MAP, the planning scenarios that S&OP supports are totally different from what MAP supports. I would recommend using Planning for retail instead of S&OP as this would any given day require lot of customizations and process modifications as the master data and the planning scenarios are totally different in retail.

Regards,

Vikram