cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warehouse Deactivation

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I want to deactivate a Warehouse, Can I move all the stocks from the Bns into the Interim Storage Type 921 and then remove the assignment of Warehouse to the Storage Location.

Will this work?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Ravi,

The answer is 2 fold.

1. You do not want to use the warehouse functionality (picking-putaway) for the Plant (Plt) - storage location (Sloc) combination but want to use the IM functionality for the combination no need to move the stock to 921. just unasssign the WH for the Plt + Sloc and continue the activity at IM level

2. you want to reuse the warehouse

perform write-off or transfer posting from the relevant Sloc at IM level then create TO and move the stock out. then as suggested by Jurgen perform clean up then un assign the WH.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

why do anything else than just de-assigning the warehouse from the storage location?

does it matter if the stock is in 921 or in any other storage type/ bin?

Not from my point of view. the data is still there and may cause confusion..

But you probably want switch off WM because it got messed (that is the usual experience from the past), hence in most cases it is not possible to clean anything up.

You just have to be clear that you never ever can use this specific Warehouse number again.

If you want give it try some day in future, then you need to create a new warehouse number.

or you really clean up, which means closing all TOs , TRs , PCNs. removing the quants, flag the material master WM view for deletion. Run archiving for the WM data.