cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Statement on the basis of Ship to instead of Payer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can we run statements on the basis of the ship to party in the document instead of the Payers as in FBL5N currently? Any config. or user exit that can help do that? Or is there any standard pre-existing way of achieving this?

Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

Yes, this would work from the SAP standpoint, not sure if I want to complicate the process for the users at the order entry/call center level - besides they are prone to making mistakes. Hence, I am looking for a solution in the existing set up only.

Thanks,

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Sagar - a few client have a lot of ship tos and those locations are independently responsible for making the payments. Of course, one way would be to change the masters of the ship tos and include the Payers with them as themselves but this sometimes DOES NOT happen also with these customers! Hence the need to send the receivables to the ship to parties.

I think one way could be to populate a ref. field or something with the ship to from the bill and the ref. field can be used to index on in FBL5 but its just a thought - am not yet sure how to achieve this. Any thoughts?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

I believe you should change the ship to party account group to sold to party account group.

And then attach multiple payers in the partner function for the sold to party. One payer will be the sold to party itself and other one will the current payer.

At the time of sales order creation, system will prompt the user to select the payer. User can select either the sold to party as the payer or the current payer.

Doesn't this help you? or let me know if it doesn't address ur issue..

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

At the time of billing, the payer information is interfaced from SD to FI. As payer is defined to be the entity who would be paying, hence only payer info is interfaced.

I believe the statements are taken for Payer only.

Any specific reason why business would want to see the statements by Ship to since Ship to are just goods receiving party...?

Regards