cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDA ESS Personal Info Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need to customize ESS Personal Profile by removing Family Members/Dependents UIBBS for chinese users.

I read the following blog articles but i didn't solve my problem.

http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/hcm/employee-self-service/blog/2013/02/21/dummies-guide-configuring...

http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/hcm/employee-self-service/blog/2012/06/12/ehp5-reuse-country-applic...

What I'm trying to do is simply set to "hide" the UIBB that I don't want to see on the portal.

So I use se80 trx this way:

Comp./Interf Web Dynpro

HRESS_C_PERSINFO_CONFIG

and then I start the Configurator by press its button ( Component configuration HRESS_CC_PER_CONFIG)

In the Editor for the Web Dynpro ABAP Component Configuration I click on Change button

Component name: HRESS_C_PERSINFO_CONFIG

Configuration ID: HRESS_CC_PER_CONFIG

In the next screen I have a warning message HRESS 032

"No active implementation found for configuration key"

Anyway, I group for country version then China -> Family Members/Dependents and I select the UIBB_C_H and I set "Hide" on action on UIBB list.

Then I check and save.

When I come back on the portal I still have the Family Members/Dependents UIBB on the screen.

What I'm doing wrong? Any help appreciated.

Vinz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinz,

First, did you copy standard application configuration HRESS_AC_PERSINFO to e.g. ZHRESS_AC_PERSINFO? After that you go to configure your launchpad to use this copied configuration (tCode LPD_CUST).

Second, copy AppController configuration HRESS_CC_PER_CONFIG to ZHRESS_CC_PER_CONFIG, then set action to hide UIBB of Family Members for China

Lastly, go to ZHRESS_AC_PERSINFO configuration, at top left of the screen, click Change --> Global Settings --> set configuration name to ZHRESS_CC_PER_CONFIG.

Also, please ensure that your user id used for testing is tied to a personnel number with country group China.

Please let me know if this solves your problem. Hope it helps! Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Thanks for your reply.

I did a copy of HRESS_AC_PERSINFO named ZHRESS_AC_PERSINFO and I've configured to use it in

in trx LPD_CUST.

I copied HRESS_CC_PER_CONFIG, named it ZHRESS_CC_PER_CONFIG and then I did set action to "hide" UIBB for Family Members for China.

Then in the ZHRESS_AC_PERSINFO configuration I did set configuration name as ZHRESS_CC_PER_CONFIG.

User is correctly set as chinese employee.

Anyway the UIBBS I want to hide is still on the screen.

Vinz

guillaume-hrc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry to ask but is the user you are using attached to a chinese employee?

Best regards,

Guillaume

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

Of course it is.

Vinz