cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Posting 321 without UD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am a PP consultant and new to QM module and I have a query related to stock posting in standard QM functionality.

We have inspection type 04 assigned to finished materials as a result of which system moves the stock to quality inspection at the time of process order confirmation. Now if UD is carried out for the inspection lot (Accepted) , this stock moves to unrestricted.

There is a option of transfer posting in MB1B with Mat Mvt 321 (TF quality to unrest), which also moves the stock from Quality to Unrestricted. Now this allows user to move stock from QA to unrestricted without even carrying out UD for inspection lots.

As per my understanding, if a inspection lot is created, then system should not allow other users to carry out stock posting with 321. In such cases, when UD is done (after manual 321), system shows a deficit quantity during UD. Is there a setting in “customizing” / “master data” that restricts users to carry out stock posting without carrying out UD ? (i.e. to make UD mandatory in order to move stock from QA to Unrest.)

Please clarify.

Regards,

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

milind_kulkarni5
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have solution for your point ' System shows deficit stock - MB1B 321' -

For that  - Deactivate Inspection type & run MB1B 321 stuff .

Try & revert.

Regards,

Milind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Milind,

we do not want to deactivate inspection type but we want users to carry out ONLY UD if they want to move stock form QA to Unrest. (i.e. not by Mvt Type 321).

Thanks,

Rohit

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

It's not wise to deactivate the Inspection type 04 from the material master as there may be pending quality stocks, inprocess inspection lots, etc. As a temporary fix to your issue please can you check the below points:

For the time being do 2 things -

1) Check if the differential unrestricted stock (which has been moved from quality stock) is not been used for other purpose.

2) If available, then post it back to quality stock under inspection lot using MB1B - MvT 322.

Then ask the user to do result recording & UD and complete the process.

Regards,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

Thanks for the reply. The issue I have mentioned here is not related to incorrect positing done by user. Actually, standard SAP does not allow transfer posting (MtMvt 321) for the inspection lot quantity without carrying out UD.

In our current system, MB1B 321 is possible even without UD and hence I want to know the exact customizing that controls this.

Regards,

Rohit

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit, could you please try QA32 first rather that executing MB1B and check whether it moves the stock to unrestricted or not? Its really conflicting that even lot exists, system is allowing to carry out posting through MB1B.

I suggest to raise SAP OSS for this.

Regards, Anand

BTW what is the inspection lot system status?

Message was edited by: Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

It works fine if we carry out UD first rahter than transfer posting 321 from MB1B. But since this option is available, users carry out transfer posting directly without carrying out UD which creates the problem later.

Inspection lot status is : REL  CALC SPRQ

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can't make postings in MB1B from Quality inspection stock.

You will get the message as Change the inspection stock of material XXXXXXX in QM only. So you can do posting only by clearing Inspection Lot.

Please check in other systems & if the same exists, check with SAP by raising OSS message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

If you want that user should not permit to do 321 movement type through MB1B or MB11 than go for

OMJJ --> select your movement type 321 --> go in Allowed Transactions --> and remove transaction code from list.

This will allow to do 321 movement for the list.

Regards,

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

We do not want to remove this movement type from MB1B or MB11 because its needed in current business scenario under urgent situations. Thats the reason we want to know where this setting is made that allows users to carry out 321 in spite of having inspection lots.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

What i want to explain you that this is the setting where you can maintain it in OMJJ.

Because if you have setting that you can allow transaction MB1B in OMJJ than system will allow it to transfer stock from it. and after transfer stock with MB1B stock will remove from system and if you try to transfer stock from UD, it will not possible.

If you first transfer stock from UD than yo can't do this with MB1B.

I hope you understood,

Regards,

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its bit confusing .

As per std SAP when IL is cretaed & stock in in QI,then system do not allow to do MB1B>>321

I am not sure how do you carry out 321 from IM t code when IL is already exists.

Are you sure for 04 inspection type "Post to Inspection " is active for this material. ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Sorry if the question is confusing. Let me re-phrase it again.

Let say I have a process order of 100 qty. The finished Product has inspection lot 04 activated in Material Master. Now at the time of order confirmation, system moves this stock of 100 qty from process order to "Quality Inspection". There will be a inspection lot created also (lets say YYY)

Now if I go to MB1B, give movement type as 321 (TF quality to unrest), plant , sloc and in subsequent screen if I give material quantity as 100 and save. The transfer posting takes place from "Quality Inspection" to "Unrestricted". If I go to inspection lot YYY and try to carry out UD, system says deficit of 100 quantity (as its already moved).

I agree with your point that system should not allow this to happen and that's the reason I want to know what where do we have this control.

I hope I made it little bit clear. Please let me know if you need more details. I have checked that "post to inspection" is active.

Thanks,

Rohit