0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am having the following Window structure in my web dynpro Java DC:

Window1:

View1

View2

Window2:

View1

I am having only 1 component in my DC. So both windows are part of a single component.

From Window1's View1, I am launching Window2's View1 as a popup window. Now based on an action in View1 of Window2, I want to navigate to View2 of Window1.

I am not getting how to achieve this. Can someone please guide me on how to do this?

Thanks,

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is what I have done so far to achieve this:

I will refer to window1's view1 as W1V1, window1's view2 as W1V2, window1's view3 as W1V3 and window2's view1 as W2V1.

First on a button click in W1V1, I am navigating to W1V2 using view navigation plugs. Then on an action in W1V2 i am launching W2V1 as a popup window. Here I am able to see W2V1 as a popup with W1V2 in the background.

Now on an action in W2V1 I wish to close the popup window and show W1V3. I am able to close the popup window.

For this on a button click action in W2V1 I am calling a component controller method. Within this comp controller method, I am firing an Event which I have created in the comp controller using

wdThis.wdFireEvent<EventName>();

Now in W1V1 I am creating an event handler method which is subscribed to the comp controller event. I am able to reach this event handler in W1V1. From here I am now firing an outbound plug to W1V3, but this navigation is not happening.

I am aware that this explanation may look a bit too confusing, but I would really appreciate if anybody can guide me as to why a simple view navigation is not working for me.

Regards,

Saurabh

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your explanation is quite clear:)

Why not subscribe the event in w1v2, which is the current background view?

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jun,

Not sure why I did not think of doing that earlier

I will try this out and update the thread.

Thanks a lot!!!

Regards,

Saurabh

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jun,

On subscribing to the event from W1V2, I am now able to successfully navigate to W1V3!!!

Thanks a ton for your support and valuable suggestion

Regards,

Saurabh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

only the pop up will navigate to view2 of window1. or the whole window will navigate to view2 of window1?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jun,

Thia is Akanksha. Replyi9ng on behalf of Sauarbh.

According to the requirement the whole window should navigate to view 2 of window 1.

Regards

Akanksha

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jun,

I am fine if only the pop up navigates to view2 of window1. Can you please let me know how I can achieve this? I am badly stuck up on this for past 2 days and really need to find a way to get this done.

Regards,

Saurabh

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this is the easy case, which is already solved right?