cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query regarding Installation media for portal & HRIS system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I need to install a portal system and an HRIS system in our landscape.

HRIS system should be EHP6 ERP 6.0 & Portal should 7.3 version

I have downloaded SAP NetWeaver 7.3 EHP1 packages now.

Please confirm if i can use the SAP NetWeaver 7.3 EHP1 patches for installation of both portal & HRIS.

I am confused about it. For HR system, should I download NW 7.0 with EHP3 or NW 7.3 with EHP1 can be used?

Also, after the installation will EA_HR & SAP_HR components be in 606? Or only central component is upgraded to 606?

Thanks,

Ari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have mentioned below the patches list which i am planning to download for fresh installtion of portal 7.3 & HR system with ERP EHP6.

Please confirm if these files are sufficient for the a fresh installation.

FILES DOWNLOADED FOR ecc EHP6:

Doc referred for download:Media list - SAP Enhancement Package 6 for SAP ERP 6.0

Doubt:

Installation export --> separate patches are there for ERP EHP6 & NW 7.0 EHP3. which one to use while installation

Language files --> separate patches are there for ERP EHP6 & NW 7.0 EHP3. which one to use while installation

I also have to make sure that EA HR & SAP HR components are in 606 release after installation.

1.  EHP6 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 Installation Export

2.EHP6 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 langague

3.EHP6 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 ERP Components

4.SAP EHP3 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 Kernel 7.20 EXT

5.BS7i2011 Installation Master Windows Server on x64 64bit

6.SAP EHP3 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 Language

7.ORACLE 11.2.0.2 64-BIt RDBMS Windows Server on x64 64bit

8.oracle 11.2 client

Portal 7.3 patches:

Doc referred for download:Media List - SAP Enhancement Package 1 for NetWeaver 7.3 

Question : These files ar enough for a fresh portal 7.3 installation?

Thanks,

Ari

Akshay_G
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arindam,

This is the minimum media that is required for both the installation(s).

ECC6 EHP6 ABAP

1. Installation Export ERP6 EHP6
  2. Kernel (Choose Unicode, and release 720_REL or 720_EXT as per your selection)
  3. Oracle Client 11.2
  4. Oracle RDBMS 11.2.0.3
  5. SL_CONTROLLER 700

NETWEAVER 7.31

1. Netweaver Java Installation Export
  2. Kernel (Choose Unicode, and release 720_REL or 720_EXT as per your selection)
  3. Oracle Client 11.2
  4. Oracle RDBMS 11.2.0.3
  5. SL_CONTROLLER 720

Answer to your doubts:

1) Use ECC6 EHP6 Installation export (Installation Export for NW 7.0 EHP3 is not required)

2) For Lang Files, use for ERP6 EHP6

3) EA_HR can be raised to 606, but SAP_HR highest developed release is still 604 on ERP6 EHP6. I think you are concerned with the new HR functionalities that are provisioned onwards EHP6. Do not worry, EA-HR 606 & SAP_HR 604 covers that. So you don't have to bother about SAP_HR release to be 606 as well.

4) For Portal 7.31 your list is exhaustive. You can refer to my above mentioned minimal media required for Portal 7.31.

Regards,

Akshay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Akshay,

Thank you so much for your detailed reply regarding the patch selection.

I appreciate that.

I would like to get one more point clarified.

What can i do to get HR components(EA_HR606 & SAP_HR604) upgraded to EHP6 level at the time of fresh installation?

I want to avoid upgrading HR components again after installation of SAP.

Thanks,

Samaya

Akshay_G
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Samaya,

Thanks for your kind words.

Regarding the HR component upgrade to be taken care along with fresh installation, I can't think much cleverly to affirm that. I believe you will have to do an installation and then subsequent upgrade. It is like SAP has designed the current ERP6 EHP6 media in such a way that you need to upgrade HR components subsequently (Actually speaking, you have the option to upgrade now as your are on EHP6 otherwise you could not). If I can most closely relate it to, it is like an Initial Shipment Stack with stack XX, so if you desire to reach stack YY, you basically upgrade post installing or if SAP release the solution some time later with Initial Shipment stack YY.

I can't comment on this audaciously, but perhaps in future ERP EHP releases it might be the case that all the functionality comes out-of-the-box ready to be used just after installation.

However, as I said I can't comment on this as there has always been an SAP way of doing, may be some one from inside could share some thoughts on this.

Nonetheless, Once your installation is done, you could use SUM (Software Update Manager) to perform the component upgrade. You could use SAINT as well to do the delta upgrade, but SAP recommends SUM and I personally would suggest using SUM, it's a very nice and hassle free tool for upgrade/maintenance tasks. It won't be a lot added to the plate for upgrading HR components as SUM works very charmingly

If you haven't used SUM yet, may be you could watch out for a blog I am about to write soon on SPS upgrade via SUM, but of course there is a plenty of standard document available otherwise.

Let me know how it goes!!

Best Regards,

Akshay.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure that you download NW 7.3 EHP1 ...

You should upgrade EA_HR, SAP_HR to latest component available in the service market place as well as dependent support packages.

I would personally recommend all the SP's to be upgraded to latest available in the marekt place.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you please confirm about the installation media required?

For HRIS system(EHP6 only ABAP), if i download patches from the below link, is that enough?

Installations and Upgrades - E" SAP ERP" SAP ERP ENHANCE PACKAGE" EHP6 FOR SAP ERP 6.0" SAP NETWEAVER 7.3

I have to make sure that I am installing netweaver system with EHP6.Also HR components should be 606 since this is going to be HR system.

Thanks in advance,

Ari

Akshay_G
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Arindam,

Installation media for SAP ERP6 EHP6 (ABAP) is absolutely correct.

However I would like to highlight a key point of your requirement to reach HR Components to 606 in order for you to be not surprised later on

Pl. note (As per Master Guide - ECC6 EHP6), with installation of ERP 6 EHP6, SAP_HR will be on 604, while EA_HR will be on 606.

Kindly check SAP Note 1645464 - HRSP Information of SAP enhancement package 6

Basically SAP ECC6 EHP6 has got support for SAP_HR 604 and EA_HR 606, but it doesn't come by default. That's why after installation you will still see versions 600 for both HR components as per below (If you can notice, this is a new ECC6 EHP6 system as SAP_APPL is 606 and BASIS being 731 and I haven't upgraded my HR components yet). So you will have to upgrade your HR components using Software Update Manager or perhaps SAINT to reach 604/606.

I hope this answers your queries.

Regards,

Akshay.

P.S.- Pl. award points if helpful