cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regd payer at the Sales Order level created wref to contract

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

We have Sales orders created only with reference to Contracts. There are multiple sales orders with reference to Contracts. The Payer details which are at the contract level should they also reflect at the Sales order levels exactly. For eg: If there is one payer at the Contract, should the sales order also have the same payer or can it also have different payers then the one maintained at the contract. I want to check this from both business point of view and maintaining it functionally. From business point, contract is a legal document and we have a Sales order created with reference to contracts. So I want to understand if this can be done or not.

Can someone please clarify.

Regards,
SNK.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello SNK,

Both the options are possible. I mean you can set the system as such that Payer in Sales Order is copied only from Contract & user cannnot change the Payer in Sales Order.

As an another option it is also possible that system allows the user to change the Payer (that is copied from Contract) in Sales Order.

Ideally in your case if Sales order are copied only from Contract & as Contract is legal doucment, user should not change Payer in Sales Order.

For making Payer as non-modifiable in Sales Order, go to IMG - Sales and Distribution - Basic Functions - Partner Determination - Set Up Partner Determination - Set Up Partner Determination for Sales Document Header - select your Partner Determination Procedure & click on partner Functions in Procedure on left side. Here mark the Payer as Non-modifiable by putting tick mark in check box.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jignesh,

Thank you for the reply. It's very helpful. I was asked if there should be a payer at all at the sales order level for the above. I feel it should be there as the payer details is needed for creation of the Invoice. Can you please confirm.

Regards,
SNK.

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello SNK,

Yes you are correct. Payer is mandatory for creating the invoice hence should be maintained in sales order.

Thanks and Regards,

Atulkumar Dagade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Atul,

Thanks for the confirmation.

Regards,

SNK.

Answers (0)