cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PPM5.0 with SAP PS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Hope all doing very well. We have demonstrations on integrations between PPM5.0 and SAP PS. We currently working how many ways we can use this integration in terms of linking xRPM to cProject to SAP PS in standard way and if required with enhancement way, like transfer Plan, Actual, Forecast and Budget cost with Capacity hours among each modules. Let say instance, many items can link to single WBS Element OR single item can link to many WBS elements. Item link to 2 phases within same cproject, 2 phases within same cProject can link 2 different SAP PS projects. How many ways we can set up and form relation via Standard and enhancement way? I know it is bit tough questions for everyone, but if we share all our knowledge, this will be awesome.

In broad terms, it will be good discussion among us that this it is possible based on each one of has extensive experience.

Regards, Diana.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Diana,

1. Item---> cProjects--> PS

1.1One item can be linked to several cProjects

1.2 cprojects to several items?? ( i think it is only possible to one  but i am not 100% sure)

1.3 cprojects can only be linked to 1project ( niot needed to be linked to all WBS in the project but if it is linked to one WBS, the rest of the WBS should belong to the same project)

2. CProjects --> PS

The same as 1.3

3. Item---> PS

I think it is possible link to several projects.. But not 100% sure.

It could  be fine if an expert can review and complete this information...

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Clara

We have a scenario where we get best possible mapping if we link PPM item with PS WBS Element instead of Project definition. So the mapping would be 2 different WBS Elements from same PS project at same level would be attached to separate PPM items. These PPM items would be linked to same bucket. Is it possible to assign this and enable financial data flow from WBS Elements to PPM item and roll up to Bucket and Portfolio ?

Help on this is really appriciated.

Thank you

Ashish Kulkarni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ash, This is possible by Object link attached on Item level and Using BADI you can transfer the Financial values from Item to two different WBS elements. Vise a Versa, define obejct link on Item level implement BADI with using Project Type in PS as reference which will communication either on the same Item type which will form 1:1 relation to Tranfer the cost from SAP PS to SAP PPM. -Regards, Diana.