cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPCAR 7.20 Upragde/Installaion

0 Kudos

Hello All,  I am in the process of kernel upgrade from 7.0 to 7.20_ext. Below is the current kernel version.

Current SAPCAR version:

Product Version: 700, patch 236, changelist 1121034                         

Platform: os400 for releases OS400 3 5, OS400 4 5, OS400 1 6                

Special Build Description: OPT (Dec 11 2009, 21:02:09) (ASCII in PASE ASCII build)                                                                      

I uploaded below archives to a folder on iseries and trying to find procedure on how to upgrade sapcar to be compatible with v7r1 before unpack the 7.20_ext kernel packages.

SAPCAR_315-20010459            

SAPCAR_315-20010459.EXE  

I found SAP Note 863821 - IBM i: Installing SAPCAR, which has below procedure which i think is also applicable sapcar 7.20.

Installing the PASE version (patch SAPCAR, without extension)

You do not have to perform any additional tasks for the PASE version of

SAPAR; you simply have to copy it into an IFS directory. Rename the program

so that it is followed by the name SAPCAR (6 characters in uppercase). Some

programs in the kernel rely on this naming convention. If you want to

integrate SAPCAR as a PASE version in a 710 SAP kernel, copy the program

into the directory /sapmnt/<SID>/exe/<codepage>/as400_pase_64. The next

time you restart the SAP instances, the system copies SAPCAR automatically

into the relevant executable directory for the instance

I don't see "/sapmnt/<SID>/exe/<codepage>/as400_pase_64" folder as described above.

I see below link for SAPCAR command program but

Object link  . . . . . :   /sapmnt/DEV/exe/SAPCARAS4                                                                                                                                       

Content of Link  . . . :   /QSYS.LIB/SAP700OPT.LIB/SAPCARAS4.PGM

Should i just rename "SAPCAR_315-20010459.EXE" to "SAPCARAS4.PGM" and link to "/sapmnt/DEV/exe/SAPCARAS4" ?

Could you please suggest if this is the correct procedure? Thanks a lot in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sid Tech,

Please check this thread: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3210443

I'm not sure why you want to manually patch the SAPCAR. The thread above will point you to this note 1636252.

If you follow all the IBM i sections you should be able to upgrade without a hitch. I think that by trying to manually patch kernel components you are looking for trouble! Although maybe there is something I don't understand about your setup, or your question.

Should be noted that any programs ending with EXE are windows side programs and can not be used by the AS400.... Changing the extension wont make it work, its like trying to run a Unix program on windows, it just cant work!

Hope this helps, if you have any more questions feel free, I'm always happy to help a fellow SAPer!

Highest regards,

Yannick C.