cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strategic Sourcing - RFx Bidding - Is SUS required?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Could you someone please explain how the connectivity works for supplier during the SRM Bidding process. Is it mandatory to have SUS in place for this scenario to work or the connectivity with supplier can be achieved without SUS? Could you please clarify?

Regards,

Sam K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam K

As Laurent said, SUS is not mandatory. However, you can have suppliers sending bid responses in SUS (bid decoupled scenario).

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm701/helpdata/en/e2/e9515d85354c339ec8c91ffdfd6247/content.htm

Regards,

Martín

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Thanks for all your explanation. I'm trying to put my question with little more clarity.

We are using classic scenario and we are not using SUS. We want to use SRM Bidding and are evaluating how we can allow Suppliers to get into the system. We would prefer route where we can get in the suppliers without using SUS.

Is this possible? If possible could you please provide an high level overview of how the connections would work in this scenario.

I would like to thank you all for the responses provided so far.

Regards,

Sam K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

Yes it is possible using offline bidding.

I guess the answer is not relevant now

Best regards,

Radhakrishna

0 Kudos

Hello Sam,

Did you get ans on your question by chance, if yes could you please send me details.

As i am also facing the same challenge.

We are not planning to use SUS, but we are planning to do RFx with supplier Bidding and Auctioning.

Just wanted to know how do we separate Purchase and Vendor Link, and what are all settings required for that.

Any supporting input would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

VM

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sam K,

SUS is not mandatory for Bidding process.

See following doc:

SAP Supplier Relationship Management 7.0: Strategic Sourcing

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent,

Thanks for the reply. Based on your experience, Could you please provide me an overview as how the setup works for SRM Bidding and How the vendor gets access to the SRM system in order to participate the Bidding?

Thanks,

Sam K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Bidding and Auction are the SAP SRM functionality & not SUS functionality. My answer is no different to Laurent answer.

As an example - A customer can decide not to implement SUS but have the Bidding and Auction Process where the customer can participate to RFx and Auction.

After the supplier is replicated into the SAP SRM system (from MM), Purchase will need to set him as "Portal Supplier". At this point - the supplier will receive a email notification from the system with a temporary user credentials. Based on the user credentials he can change the password and participate in the online bidding and auctions if invited.

Please feedback if you find this information helpful.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KP,

Thanks so much for the clarification. From your explanation, I understand that the supplier will get a link for accessing the portal and can use the login credentials provided in the emails  to logon to the system. Will the supplier need to get into the client network via VPN etc to logon to the system or will the portal link be accessible outside of client's network. Currently our portal can only be accessed within the company's network. Is there a different configuration that needs to be done in order to make the portal accessible outside of client's network.

Thanks so much for your valuable inputs.

Regards,

Sam K

0 Kudos

Hello Sam,

There are some challenges that I am facing while setting up RFX/Auctions for BPM100.I am trying to
create bidders for RFX/Auctions. I am able to mark the supplier as "portal
supplier" and change is being saved.But when i open the supplier i find that the checkbox has disappeared. Because of this suppliers are not receiving the invite. 

Somewhere the business partner data is not getting stored. Any idea what could be the reason.

Regards

Arjun V