cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable failed logon attempts message in 7.30

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are upgrading our ECC system and going to SAP GUI 7.30. Testing has confirmed that if a user mistyped their password, on the next successful logon the 7.30 GUI automatically issues a "failed logon attempts" message. Applications would like this message disabled before we go live.

I've looked at note 1580875, which is for 7.31. That note appears to talk about options in the Signature Design theme. I can replicate the message on my system, I confirmed that I am not using the Signature Design theme, and the Signature Design theme in 7.30 does not appear to have the referenced options. The note also shows the parameters should be included as of Support Pack SAPKB73102. We are at SAPKB73105.

Is anyone aware of a way to turn off this message?

TIA,

Russ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Russell,

This might be an audit issue.  After logon, the system shows the date and time of the last logon and any failed logon attempts since the previous successful logon under  System  Status  . In this way, the user can ensure that no other user has logged on using his or her name.

To disable:

Start Maintain Services (transaction SICF).

Select a service or alias.

Choose  (Display/Change).

Choose  (Change).

Choose the Error Pages tab.

On the Logon Errors tab, choose the Configuration pushbutton.

Determine which information you want to display.

To display on the failed logon attempts, select the Only Failed Logon Attempts checkbox.

This reduces the number of popups your users must face when logging on to the system. This option is only available after you have enabled the Show Last Logon Attempt checkbox.

To stop showing the logon information popups, clear the Show Last Logon Attempt checkbox.

Save your entries.

Cheers

Dan Mead

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Very helpful.

The idea is to prevent the pop up indicating a failed logon attempt.

I navigated to SICF -> bc -> icman 

then error pages -> configuration in change mode.

None of the relevant check boxes appear to be checked, including the Display Last system logon and failed logon attempts only.

Do you see anything wrong with what I did?

Thanks and best regards,

Russ

ted_dinh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, as per SAP help as well as SAP response in below two links, you can't disable this message from SAP GUI :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp3/helpdata/en/99/a7c428f74a4182b4a6af02ae8fc32e/content.htm?frame...

http://sapport.blogspot.com/2013/03/number-of-failed-user-logon-attempts.html

Rgds.

Answers (0)