Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Characteristics Value from one to another while Results

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have a requirement, where business wants to copy results entered ( Neumeric value ) in the first char. to aotu copy in the next char

Is there any way i can acheive this?

Thanks in Advance

Diwakar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have the option to configure copying results between Inspection Points of same Inspection lot or 2 different Inspection lots.

Actually, what are you trying to do by copying first MIC result into 2nd MIC result on single results recording???

Try exits at results recording such as QEEM0015 or QEEM0011

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Maheswaran,

Purpose of Copying 1 to 2 MIC is, User needs to record both Mic's at different times, when received

user will update results for 10 samples in 1st MIC which will get copied to 2nd. Then the received

goods are stored for some time and relesed, while relese he will again do physical inspection of those

10 samples and will change only deviated result in second MIC.So the first MIC will be "as received"

and second would be "as relesed"

Hope you are clear with process, secondly i would like to explore standard solution for this instead

of going for user exit or some custom development , any inputs?

Thanks

Diwakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this case, you can use Inspection Point to differentiate 1st & 2nd stage results. In Inspection Point, by capturing Inspection date & time, you can differentiate 2 different points on which Inspection has been done.

Else you can use MIC with formula (Calculated Characteristics) to copy the first results to second results. For this, 2 MICs should be created one is normal MIC & other one is calculated MIC.

In this way, you can achieve through standard.

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not getting copy of results from first characteristic to second, i created second MIC as cal char and in formula i am putting C00010 but i am getting Formula error, can anybody guide me on this?

Thanks

Diwakar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You need to tick the "Calculated characteristic" tab in control indicator of the MIC for which you want to copy the results of previous MIC.

Then in the Quantitative data tab of MIC you need to put the formula. Press F4 and it will display list of formulas that can be used. Or else Put =(Name of previous MIC)*1

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Sahil