cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which corrections for unified rendering are you installing?

SergioFerrari
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you may know, there are several interesting notes about Unified rendering for Web Dynpro ABAP.

I want to update my SAP_BASIS 731 system to the highest level and even periodically keep it updated.

From their title, it seems there is a sequence, a strategy to be followed but I'm a bit confused.

I'm wondering if anybody is aware of a kind of Best Practice to keep the rendering updated.

For example, you can find note 1808171 Corrections for unified rendering up to SAP_BASIS 731/06 III that seems the sixth of the sequence related to 7.31 SP06.

Instead, correction instructions report that it is valid since SAPKB73101 to SAPKB73106 and its pre-requisite is 1808360 Corrections for unified rendering to SAP_BASIS 731/06 IIIa.

Do you have any suggestion about which notes should be, for example,  installed in a SAP_BASIS 731 SAPKB73105 system where Note 1825661 - Corrections for unified rendering up to SAP_BASIS 731/07 II can be installed too ?

By the way, I have the feeling that these kind of notes are very useful and they can represent the long term methodology to support the continually evolving browsers without waiting for the next EHP, and you?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

interesting question indeed. In our system I always apply the highest possible valid UR Note(s). Last time when we were on 731/9 I applied a note for UR 731/11V. I don't know for certain whether this can be considered best practice, but up until now, this proved quite advantageous, i.e. there were always lots of errors fixed and only few to no new errors were subsequently invoked.

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

You mean these UR notes are note SP-level dependent. That's really great information for me.

Now i'll implement the other UR notes in our SAP_BASIS SP04 without any SP level upgrade and keep my system up to date in terms of UR.

Do you think that after a point, system can ask for a SP upgrade any other component other than SAP_BASIS?

Thanks a lot Lukas.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Serkan,

Do you think that after a point, system can ask for a SP upgrade any other component other than SAP_BASIS?

To be frank, I have no idea. I've been asking myself if there's gonna be a point where the applied notes are, let's say, "too far within a future upgrade package, be it SP or Stack" and other dependant portions of the system start to malfunction. But up until today this has not happened, I guess also because we are always only 3 or 4 package levels behind the maximum available package.

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

I have exactly same question because i was having problem about WDA FileUpload UI element (SAP_BASIS SP04) and i found KBA 1791729. It says we are able to implement notes at least 1776744 that is UR corrections up to SAP_BASIS 731/05 II

After implementing these notes FileUpload problem is solved but this time FormattedTextEdit is failed. I thought if i continue implementing other UR correction notes it will be fixed too, but i implemented the notes up to 1808360 (Corrections for unified rendering to SAP_BASIS 731/06 IIIa) now WDA Tree ui element is failed.

Is it true implementing other notes up to date without SAP_BASIS SP level upgrade or is upgrading SP level only choice for these UR problems?