cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Adaptor - Pull & Schedule

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to send the data from R/3 to File.

1. Can xi will take (pull) from R/3 every 4 hours. if it is how to configure

2. If XI Can't pull from R/3. How to Schedule from R/3 Side.

Thanks & Regadrs

Ravichandran K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

<i>Can xi will take (pull) from R/3 every 4 hours. if it is how to configure</i> - No from XI it is not possible.

<i>If XI Can't pull from R/3. How to Schedule from R/3 Side</i> - For this in R/3 create an ABAP executatble report in SE38, in that report create your IDOC ....and then create a job in R/3 to trigger that report with default parameters...then schedule this job for every 4 hours.........so this job will run every 4 hours, so your report will run, so your IDOC will be created and then your IDOC will be sent to XI.

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Using the same thread for the related question at times can help as everyone can then understand the context of your question.

Like mentioned in your ealrier thread, XI cannot pull the data and so, you have multiple options to handle this scenario,

1. Schedule a report ( maybe a dummy report ) in your SAP system that will trigger the call to XI. XI will receive the call from the report ( maybe dummy call) inside a BPM and then make the synchronous call to your SAP system by filling the request and then passing the final response to the target file. Refer to the blog

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

This shows a File RFC File. Just make the change to use a Sender RFC instead of the Sender File.

2. If you can fill the RFC request in the R3 system itself, then either write the reprt that will directly trigger the RFC response to XI using the Sender RFC adapter and map this to your file. This report can also be scheduled in the SAP system to run every four horurs

3. Use ABAP proxies as shown in this blog,

[original link is broken]

Regards

Bhavesh