cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to change layout of user details in 'manage' tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've been customizing the screen layouts for the different provisioning tasks, such as self services, assign privileges, etc. This has been going well.

However, I'm unable to find out how to do the same for the user details section that displays at the bottom of the 'manage' tab.

This screen shot shows the section I want to customize:

I'd like to get rid of a few fields on this and other tabs in the area within the red box. Can someone guide me to where this screen is managed?

Thanks, Paul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jared_kobe
Participant
0 Kudos

Paul,

The task that you need to edit to change the layout should be listed on the General Tab of the Entry Type properties window under "Display task". That should help in your search in your task tree.

Thanks,

Jared

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That was the connection, I was looking for. Thanks. ^^

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jarod,

This makes sense, and after reviewing these settings I see that the display task was set to the display task in the core/web enabled tasks, instead of the customer/web enabled tasks.

Thanks for the help.

Paul

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul!

This is actually quite easy to address and something I've been meaning to blog about for a while now, if for no other reason than as a reminder for me!

From the SAP Provisioning Framework folder, import the task called Display Tasks into your configuration. This will create a folder called Default Tasks.  In here go to the Display Task folder and customize the MX_PERSON_Details task.

You can do similar things for Search tasks in the folder below.

Happy Customizing!

Matt

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe when the framework is imported it sets the links that Jared and Tero mentioned.  I'd double check just to make sure.  You would need to check the Display and Search tasks if you wanted to use both.

Matt

terovirta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The task is the "display task" for each entry type, you can see it from schema/entry types/mx_person and display task.

If no task is set the attributes listed in the search results are displayed in form view.

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

our screens (or ordered task groups) are kind of categorized into different folders under our custom provisioning framework. So we have a folder called "Display and Search Tasks" in the "Web enabled tasks"-folder, where I would find this ordered task group you described. Maybe this is the case for you, too? It's called something like "Display Identity".

Regards,

Steffi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Steffi,

For some reason I don't have the 'Display and Search Tasks' folder in my provisioning folder. Here are the folders I have:

Since I don't have the folder you mention, I'm wondering which task is governing the current display.

Paul

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

the names of those custom folders are not standard, it looks like. We have categorized it a bit more than you. But since with Jareds help you found, what you were looking for, I'm glad this is solved (and helped me learn something, too).

Have fun with customizing the layout now!

Regards,

Steffi.