cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors in PI during IDOC transmission with ECC backend systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

We are getting an error in PI during IDOC transmission to DV2 and QSB. This error occurs irrespective of the IDOC type and interface. It looks like a System error as all the below messages are related to java.lang.NullPointerException. Could you please check?  

IDoc: Adding control record to payload failed due to Error during transform: java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method java.lang.String.length() of an object loaded from local variable chars

MP: exception caught with message Error during transform: java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method java.lang.String.length() of an object loaded from local variable 'chars'

Exception caught by adapter framework: Error during transform: java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method java.lang.String.length() of an object loaded from local variable 'chars'

Transmitting the message to endpoint <local> using connection SFTP_http://sap.com/xi/XI/SFTP failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: java.lang.Exception: Error during transform: java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method java.lang.String.length() of an object loaded from local variable 'chars'

Thanks,

Sankar Bavirisetti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Sankar,

I think the solution in note 1862655 NullPointerExceptions during IDoc_AEE Receiver Adapter processing, will resolve this for you.

Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

I had checked " Apply control record from payload" but this context mapping successful

Hi Mark

Yes, correct same note used for resolution

Thanks,

Sankar

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

jose_augastine3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Note 1862655 ... Not clear

I am getting same error

But I am not able to create Service Interface with name <MSGTYP>.<IDOCTYP>.<CIMTYP>

. is not allowed in naming Service Interface

Moreover will system try to create External Definition under urn:sap-com:document:sap:idoc:messages namespace ???

I am really confused

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Jose,

I had the same problem but what I did to solve it was that I used the IDOC I imported to ESR instead of using an Inbound Interface. That worked for me.

Good luck.

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We are struggling in the same situation. We have a Z IDoc but not extension. So its "ZI2.ZI2". I tried this three set ups.

When I configure my message mapping (graphical mapping) so that I disable EDI_DC40 node IDocs fail completely with "The Configuration for Sender/Receiver Partner Number/Port is incorrect. Enter proper values in Sender/Receiver Component"

When I configure message mapping so that EDI_DC40 node is enabled and disabling all fields nund EDI_DC40 node except mapping Constant "1" to SEGMENT attribute I get the above error "... object loaded from local variable 'chars' " in NWA traces but message gets processed

When I configure message mapping like set up 2. but just mapping constant dummy values to all mandatory fields like "1" mapped to TABNAM everything works fine. No errors in NWA traces and message gets processed.

How is this supposed to work anyways?

We have a fairly common situation: 3rd Party System (JMS) --> PI --> ECC (IDoc). We have maintained all the well known spots like give the logical system name of the 3rd party system in SLD, so I'm beginning to wonder if this might be a bug or if we miss something big time?

Any thoughts would be apreciated.

Cheers

Jens

PriyankaAnagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

In the IDoc Receiver communication channel, did you check "Apply Control Record from Payload". If yes, please check whether the respective mapping for control record has done or not.

Best Regards,

Priyanka

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

Can you please explain your scenario and PI version you are on.

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambrish,

We are using PI 7.31 Java installation , we had issues with IDoc transmission ECC back end  with all interfaces in the system like errors "java.lang.NullPointerException" in message log ..we had analyzed trace file and dumps with XPI_Inspecttor found that missed syntax and followed

The IDoc_AAE adapter requires that the interface name should be in the

format

<MSGTYP>.<IDOCTYP>.<CIMTYP>

and the interface namespace should be

urn:sap-com:document:sap:idoc:messages.

Thanks,

Sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sankar,

How were you able to name the interface like <MSGTYP>.<IDOCTYP>.<CIMTYP> in ESR? When I try it says that the interface name must not contains any "." values?

Thanks and Best Regards

Harald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

This issue has been resolved

The IDoc_AAE adapter requires that the interface name should be in the

format

<MSGTYP>.<IDOCTYP>.<CIMTYP>

and the interface namespace should be

urn:sap-com:document:sap:idoc:messages.

Please see the SAP Application Help -

===============================

Java IDoc Adapter Partner Conversion

--------------------

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/7b/ebc8b9e34b434d9f3e80ef6776d77a/frameset.htm

===============================

Thanks,

Sankar