cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doing SAP certification outside India.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I took my SAP HR training in India from non-authorized institute as it costs very very high from SAP authorized partners here.

I am planning to go abroad (Dubai/Singapore/Malaysia) for doing certification in SAP HR. My query is can i directly write the certification exam there or do i need to get enrolled in a course and then write the certification exam? What is the process to get certified outside India? Please can you share your views.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you can do the direct certification in Dubai/SG. Check below link.

https://training.sap.com/v2/certification/c_thr12_66-sap-certified-application-associate--human-capi...

https://training.sap.com/v2/certification/c_thr12_65-sap-certified-application-associate---human-cap...

You can contact them via email or Phone to get the more details.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai Krishna,

Thank you so much for your information.

But some people are saying that there is a recent change in the rules, so .now we cant give exams directly like that. So wanted to confirm whether its true or just a rumor. Looking forward for some answers

Regards,

Sudha.

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudha,

As far as I know, this possible.

For further details, you can contact them via email:

For SG:

education.apa@sap.com

For MY:

education.malaysia@sap.com

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudha,

Were you able to give the certification outside India. If yes, how and from where?

Did they require any prerequisites?

And which visa did you apply for?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudha,

I am have undergone SAP HCM training from an un authorized institute and wanted to do the certification from Dubai/Malaysia...I wanted to take a direct exam in Dubai/Malaysia...Can you help in with any details? Please do reply..

Thanks & Regards,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Srinivas, 

please abide by the SCN community terms and conditions and do not encourage sharing of SAP copyright materials (training materials and exam questions). There are many offers provided by SAP to prepare adequately and sufficiently for the exams such as online or classroom training you can ask for community help in preparing for the exam. Additionally you can also consult certification resources that guide you as to what's important as well as sample exam questions.

Thank you and good luck with the exam!

Joey

former_member1283074
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Sudha,

I got a mail from SAP Singapore as below. But some people telling that we can write sap certification in Singaore/Malaysia. But they are not giving any detail about the institute, how to apply etc.

We regret that you are not eligible to take the certification in Singapore or Malaysia.  In-house training/self-study are not acceptable.

Our criteria are, candidates must have at least 3 years of project implementation experiences and must provide at least 2 project letters to us for reviewing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

oh! so finally they fxed the loophole

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amazing.

My experience in Australia, was this: I booked the certification exam online, paid my money, and turned up on the day.

No one asked me anything about experience or training (which I _do_ have). In fact, I didn't talk or correspond with anyone at SAP about the exam.

So maybe that's your best option - don't ask if you're allowed to do the test, just do it!

cheers

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

lucky u paul.    

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

You made it seem so easy.

Could you also share what visa application do we need to file to go and just give the certification?

By the way congrats for getting certified!

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You just need to organise/pay for the certification test online, then travel to the country (eg Australia) for a few days to sit the exam.

I don't know which countries require visa for Indian visitors. We seem to have plenty of Indians living / working / visiting in Australia, so I'm guessing it's not too difficult to come here.

Otherwise try South Africa - if I remember right, their certification test was also one of the cheapest.

Good luck and happy travels!

cheers

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Paul Thanks for sharing.

Which VISA did u apply for?

Work?

Education?

Tourist?

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vaibhav,

Paul is a from Australia. It is only a suggestion really SCN cannot help with your visa requirements. If you are interested, you need to try on your own, I know it is not a big deal to get visa.

All the best.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi sir,

My bad.

Thanks for bringing it to my notice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Can i have some details about BFC (Business Object Financial Consolidation) Consultant.

How is it different from other function modules.

Regards,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all guys for your responses.

But still am not able to clear my query. I am planning to write exam for sap certification outside India. My query is can i directly write the certification exam or do i need to get enrolled in a training and then write the certification exam? Are there any recent change in rules against it??

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In most countries (except apparently India!) anyone can do the certification exam, as long as they have the money to pay for it. I know this is true in Australia, and I'm pretty sure it applies in Europe and the USA.

If you want to know the rules for a specific country, maybe email their SAP Education office.

cheers

Paul

0 Kudos

Hi Sudha,

You can apply for certification in any country and go through the evaluation process there.  Basis their evaluation and confirmation, you can take up the certification there.

Regards,

Maggie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Maggie for clarifying the situation.

I know many people who have been in doldrums around same issue... For t he sake of w ider community can you confirm pls. it is perfectly OK and DOES NOT violate any SAP policy to take up certification in any country outside your normal country of residence...of-course- as long as you qualify target country's eligibility criteria, requirements etc.

Thanks,

best wishes,

/V

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The certification test is the same everywhere (I'm pretty sure it is run from a central server), so I don't see how there could be any problem.

I myself was considering doing SAP training/certification in another country (South Africa) because it was cheaper.

The real question is: why are things different in India??

cheers

Paul

kavindra_joshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul ,

I don't know who can answer this question "The real question is: why are things different in India??". I am not sure what are pulls for this decision but I found it confounding ..

Regards,

Kavindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

paul, technically things are same - even in India. The exam is held on Central Server (probably based somewhe re in Germany and probably coming form same pool of questions). Just my guesses

What is different in India (any other country?) is the eligibility criteria to write Certification exam. What is the rational that makes examin ation country driving factor for High / low barriers to be eligible?

/V

0 Kudos

Hi All,

As working professionals, we all work in various geographies and countries.  All of us also understand that policies in each country are different from the other, do we question them?

SAP Certification is a Global Certification and as I said earlier, anyone can take up a certification in any country provided you clear the evaluation process of that country.  Why a country has a set evaluation process is dependent on the local market and requirements of that country.  This is not India specific but other countries have their own set of evaluation policies. 

Please reach out to education teams in each of the countries to find out their evaluation policies.  You can find details on how to reach various teams at training.sap.com

Regards,

Maggie

0 Kudos

Hi Sudha,

It is best if you do your training from an authorized SAP training center.  It is an investment that you make in advancing your SAP career.  SAP Certification is an endorsement of your SAP Qualification / SAP Experience.  Trying to take up certification in an another country basis training from an unauthorized SAP training in India is wrong and will not be encouraged by SAP.  Each country has a evaluation process and candidates will be rejected if they dont have the required credentials for taking up SAP certification.

I would strongly recommend that you pursue your SAP career through the right path so as to make a success of it.

You can reach me at m.ramaiah@sap.com if you have any queries or need any guidance.

Regards,

Maggie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Maggie for presenting your point of view. I tend to agree with your statement

• follow the right path. Not just in building SAP career but in everything we do in general
  • for, no un-recorgnized institute can match education quality that SAP recognised institute is capable of providing. (and i have a full faith that SAP regularly audits the quality, the standards, the infrastructure of such recognised institutes and willing to make full re-imburse of the fee if they don't live upto students expectations?)

The practice being discussed is a loophole and people will continue to exploit this loophole

• until it's fixed
  • or, the benefits / incentives of following right path (you recommend) far outweigh the cost, the hassle, the trouble of exploiting the loophole (imagine, no body is crazy enough to make international trip, book flights, apply travel Visa etc. just for the fun of writing Certification exam in foreign country!). There must be something real disadvantage in the existing system that encourages people to take alternate path despite all the hassle thee have to go through.

Now that you jump in, may be you would like to also share the rational behind such policy? If the certification is same, course content is same why candidates don't have freedom to choose where they would like to take certification exam. To me it makes no logical sense, but may be we are missing some point here.

Also , if I am aware (and correct me if I am wrong pls.), India is the only country where you HAVE TO go through SAP recommended education partner or prior SAP experience to take certification. No other country imposes such restriction. Why so? In most other countries, you just pay the fee and write the exam - irrespective you have prior experience or not, whet her you did self-study or otherwise

I look forward to hear SAP's point of view on that.

Thanks,

best wishes,

/Vibhor

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vibhor,

I doubt if SAP India would ever change that rule, otherwise, there would be 1 billion certifications from India along by the end of this year.

I believe there are lot of commercials involved and it may question the very existence of SAP Education in India. If they make SAP Education without any training etc. then nobody would go to SAP / SAP Education Training Partners.

We usually talk about copyrighted materials etc., but if you google it, you would get every SAP material available on the web. It is beyond control to patrol on daily basis.

In the similar way, world wide there are thousand of unauthorised institutes giving SAP Education. There are thousands of Institutes in India alone. It is not possible to control them. SAP tried few times in the past, however, nothing much successful and their efforts were in vain.

That is the reason all these stringent rules in India. We have to live with it.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

kavindra_joshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have asked this question before but haven't got any conclusive response from any SAP education employee.

My personal take is lots of reasons are at play when in India , SAP education have different policy compared to worldwide. Well somebody said "World is Flat, At least here the world is not flat".

I am miffed at this but my being miffed doesn't solve anything.

~Kavindra

0 Kudos

Hi Vibhor, Ravi and Kavinda,

The points that you overlooked are :

Sudha's request - I took my SAP HR training in India from non-authorized institute as it costs very very high from SAP authorized partners here.

My comment -  Each country has a evaluation process and candidates will be rejected if they dont have the required credentials for taking up SAP certification.

There is no restriction on anyone taking up certification in any country.  Like I mentioned earlier, each country has its own evaluation process which the candidate has to go through.  All countries in SEA have almost the same criterias .

It is SAP's recommendation that training is done from an authorized training center.  Since you all have been in the SAP ecosystem for long, you will therefore also know that SAP Education allows deserving SAP consulting with the right kind of SAP experience to apply for direct certification without having to go through the course.  If not, then now you know. 

Ravi - If it was only for the commercial purposes then it would be in SAP's interest to offer SAP certification to anyone.  However that is not our purpose, the purpose is to ensure quality certified consultants in the ecosystems so that senior SAP Consultants, Program Managers, Project Managers like you can work with quality consultants.

Thanks guys for your comments and feel free to reach me if you need any inputs.

Regards,

Maggie

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maggie,

I completely agree with you. But, if this is the case, why is that SAP is not taking any action on institutes which are teaching SAP with unauthorized licence. If you search in internet with" SAP online training" we will get hundreds of links/institute names.So, If SAP wants to take any legal action on them it is just matter of seconds.

Please let us know why these institutes are still able to run their show?

Regards, Sai Krishna.

kavindra_joshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe education is very important. Unauthorized or authorized is getting into legality and I am not getting into that. I have had feedback from people that authorized training centers were no good, so it depends on the trainer ( not on authorized/unauthorized) . For freshers who want to get into SAP consulting , certification/training comes handy as people otherwise would not have even access to SAP system.

I don't see any reason for differential policy in certification unless there is a pull from unknown sources. And no certification makes anybody good , people with sound knowledge & great attitude. For your information, you can check out how many SAP employees are certified.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thnk there are 2 completely different issues here

1. whether to educate from recognised or un-recognised institute? what the best practice... I understand (and completely support the idea!) that in order to maintain the quality consultants in the ecosystem, SAP recommends to educate only from recognised institute (how far that objective is being achieved is a different matter otherwise we wudn't see such a high-unemployment rate amongst the graduates from such recognised institutes. I know many SAP hiring managers in big MNCs privately admitting that certificate is just a piece of paper + real hands-on project training (be it from un-recognized institute) carries much more weight-age vs just a theoretical knowledge from recognised institute.  
  2. if you don't qualify to certify in your own country, is it fair to go some foreign country where you do quality and get certified there? Is that also the practice SAP discourages...?  Well, I think it's just a loohole in the system. As long as there continues to exist different evaluation from country to country, people will continue to travel to foreign country that offers lowest entry barrier to get certified! Until SAP fixes the loophole.

Coming back to point #1, Does SAP provide any incentive (directly / in-directly or through partners) that encourages candidates follow the right path? From candidate's perspective, once you make such sizeable investment, get trained + certified from recognised institute, how can SAP help aspiring candidates to kick-start SAP career and justify to follow the recommended track.?

/V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudha,

It is very much possible.

I am in process of certification if you want I can help you to arrange a test for you too.

Thanks

kavindra_joshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi nadeem ,

can you let me know the details for SAP CRM certification ?

regards,

Kavindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Nadeem can you please contact me?

reg

ajith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nadeem,

My name is Satish and have been trained on SAP HCM from an un-authorized institute in India and now i want to do certification from Dubai since the cost of certification is very high in India...Is it possible to write a direct exam in Dubai? If so, then what is the procedure for applying....Please do reply and provide me the required info...

Thanks & Regards,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi nadeem,

i'm also planning to do certification in sap abap module.is it possible to do certification in dubai in abap as well.

regards

simran singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Need your help for completing my certification

Regards,

Sagar