cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status Change issue in DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have just upgraded ECC to version 6 EHP5 SPS8.

We now have an issue with changing statuses of documents in DMS. For example, a document associated with a notification in IW52 has a status of RE which is a locked status. If the document needs to be changed, we change the status to WR, the attached file is deleted and a new one created. In the past we could then change the status back to RE and save. However, if we do that now we get the message "The change is not allowed" message 26455.

If we click on back, the document is saved but the status remains as WR.

In SPRO the status WR is set as the initial status.

I appreciate this is not a major issue as we just go back into the doc and change the status and all is well. However, I would like to understand why this is happening. I am assuming it is as a result of the upgrade but why?

Thanks in advance,

Kathy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kathy,

this behavior is the new standard because several SAP customers saw the previous behavior as a security gap because the changes were not logged and so it was possible to switch form the release status to another status, change some data and then set the release status again.

To avoid this kind of gap the DMS development decided to made a saving step mandatory after the first status change. So now you can change the status, edit some data but then you have to save the document and then the release status can be set again.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Christoph I suspected that was the case.

Kathy

Answers (0)