Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up Communication channel to point to specific Application Server

mike_radcliff
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are currently a JAVA single Stack, 7.31 SAP PI shop.

I am currently investigating the possibility of setting up a second Application server to handle specific traffic for a specific Communication channel/ Scenario.

I am having trouble finding a way to point communication channels to a specific App server.

Any ideas on IF this can be done in SAP PI, and if so, How??

Thanks for your time,

Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Application servers are things from the ABAP world. If you talk about a java-only SAP PI, there you can add java server nodes and per node, you can assign threads.

Why should you point specific traffic to a specific node? What's the use of that?

Kind regards

Dimitri

mike_radcliff
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

Sorry about the confusion.

Let me restate the question differently.

Basically, we are set up to have 3 Cluster nodes that each communication channel uses.

We are thinking of setting up another cluster of 3 for use by 2 specific communication channels that will have heavy usage. We can have a Load Balancer point to the server that has this cluster.

What we are having trouble figuring out is how to keep the OTHER communication channels from having access to them and only use the 3 we currently have.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

As far as I know, you cannot point specific communication channels to certain java server nodes.

What you can do is set up parallel processing using parameters in the communication channels and within the adapter/integration engine.

Also, you can use QoS Exactly Once in Order and make dedicated queues with message prioritization.

Kind regards

Dimitri

mike_radcliff
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Dimitri,

I did not think we could point them either, just wanted to see if I was missing anything as well as get other suggestions.

Interesting other suggestions, I am going to have to investigate those also.

Thanks for your time,

Mike